Head Office is at Chaengwattana Area
As we’re constantly growing, the quantity of our employees is increasing exponentially, from 4 employees in 2017 to over 900 nationwide within 3 years and with this we required a highly skilled and a veteran Human Resources Management professional to lead our HRM Functions to ensure that our company’s Talent Acquisition, Compensation and Benefits, Labor Law & Compliance and HRIS is effective, efficient and cutting-edge in order to meet or exceed our company’s business goals.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a young, genius, highly motivated and experienced Human Resources professional who has at least 2 years of senior, supervising or management level. The ideal candidate must have experiences in every aspect of human resources management operations including Compensation & Benefits, Talent Acquisition, HRIS and Labor Laws & Compliance. Candidates who are interested should be able to demonstrate exceptional, effective and flexible leadership skills and value results first and foremost.
You will be responsible for 2 departments in the People Division which are, Compensation & Benefits and Talent Acquisition, each are equally detrimental to the company’s business operations. You will lead, drive and improve all aspects of the company’s human resources management operations to help the company achieve and exceed its goals.
Compensation & Benefits
- Oversee and manage the company’s compensation and benefits operations including verification of payroll administration, benefits process and delivery and relevant taxes compliances.
- Supervise and ensure the company human resources operations comply with Thai Labor Laws and regulations.
- Manage and maintain the company’s HRIS system (SAP SuccessFactor) to ensure that the information is up to date and accurate.
- Direct the company’s recruitment effort (Professional and Mass Recruitment)
- Act as a main point of contact for any issues regarding recruitment operations.
- Supervise all aspects of recruitment to ensure that manpower requirements are met
- Direct manpower planning to ensure that the company’s recruitment goals are aligned with the company’s business objectives and budgets.
- Supervise HRM operations and delegate with Heads of Division for any HRM concerns.
- Design and implement HRM strategies.
- Other ad-hoc assignment
- Age not over 32 years old
- Bachelor’s degree in HR management, Industrial psychology, or any related field.
- At least 5 years’ direct experience in professional Human Resources Management including Payroll, Benefits, Compliance and Talent Acquisition.
- At least 1 year of senior or managerial experience.
- Strong knowledge of Thai Labor Laws with
- Possess strong analytical skills and keen attention to detail.
- Possess strong problem-solving and time management skills, with the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Able to work under pressure
- Good computer proficiency (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, etc.)
We are a new consumer finance startup. From 0 to over 150 branches in less than 18 months and will have over 600 branches by the end of next year. Our management team comprises of young and talented professionals, with the average age of less than 40 years old and most of which has an Ivy League or Master degree from abroad with extensive background in finance, including investment banking. The company is an independent company within a group of established companies with annual group revenue of approx 20 billion baht.
Our primary area of focus is the unbanked sector in Thailand. Those in the unbanked sector usually facing difficulties in obtaining credit to finance their shops, their farms, or to meet short term liquidity needs. We aim to provide them credit and other financial products at very reasonable rate and very generous payment terms. For those willing but unable to pay our debt, we will offer help within reasonable business boundary for them to amend or defer our payments. We also give them financial advice for them to make it through. While popular among other lenders, liquidations will only be our last resort. We operate our business with big pride to provide financial assistant to those in need, enable them to have better lives. Apart from our traditional consumer finance, digital lending, including P2P and application based lending products will be released in the near future.
Our ideal candidate
We chose our people very carefully as strongly believe that our success depends almost entirely, if not all, on the quality of our people. While we are young and small, just a little over 600 people, we believe that the quality of our team and culture are way beyond other typical companies. We have several ivy-league educated professionals in our team, and many high caliber professionals from leading companies.
The way we select our team members are not typical. We give only small weight on your direct experience, except for a few positions where direct experiences matter. Instead, we focus on the application of knowledge to solve the problems and create new solutions, hence breadth and depth of your knowledge, both direct and indirect to the position you applied for, is highly critical.
We tend to favor those with solid career progression. i.e. very high pay and many responsibilities at a very young age. So if you are very young but your pay and responsibility is very high, you will likely get a call from us.
While total compensation is important, we will avoid candidate where incentives are mostly monetary ones. We will hire someone who demonstrates passion and commitment to work. Therefore, we usually don't make generous offer when we offer candidate. Our idea is that we want to weed out job-hopper that is more interested in pay increase rather than the quality of work they will get a chance to. Actually, our offer will always be modest. However, we will offer very steep pay increase for those who perform, typically within a short time period.
The way we work
Our organization is very modern and flat. No one has their own private room, including the CEO. We work hard and have ambitious goals. We value the outcome more than the effort because the outcome is so simple to measure and less subjective. If your role is not customer facing, we don't really care about the little annoying things that really don’t matter such as your arrival time or where you work. However, at Ngernturbo, deadline is deadline and you will evaluate purely on the quality of your work.
Our definition of a great place to work is not free fancy foods, great gyms, eye-popping offices, frequent parties, or slider in the office. Our definition of the great workplace is a great team where everyone is working toward something meaningful and people can learn the most, perform the best, while still having fun.
We hate workplace politics. It is exhausting, time consuming, and energy draining. You will quickly find yourself working elsewhere if you become very political, despite that you contribute enormously because you generate negative externalities to our workplace and in the long run, politics will lower productivity and drive our talents away.