Our client is in the logistics business.
The GM - Finance and Accounting will be responsible for the accomplishment of established financial goals and objectives, financial management reports and related analysis, treasury & fund management, credit & collections, tax planning and compliance, Internal
controls, the safeguarding of assets, coordinating with the internal and external auditor, the reliability and integrity of financial information, risk management and compliance with regulatory agencies, and being a business partner in relation to cost initiatives
and process improvements.
General and Cost Accounting
Credit & Collection and Treasury
- Providing timely strategic advice and business reviews by analyzing operations results against budgets and forecasts, identifying reasons for any variances, and driving corrections as needed.
- Reviewing existing policies and procedures, identifying areas for improvement, and monitoring compliance with the company KOG.
- Reviewing the reliability and integrity of financial and operating information and the means to identify, measure, and classify such information.
- Appraising the economy and efficiency with which company resources are employed.
- Reviewing operations and programs to ascertain whether results are consistent with established financial objectives and goals and whether such operations and programs are being carried out as planned.
- Planning and implementing year-end audit timetables aligned with the global schedule.
- Providing business units with financial and profitability indicators of their assigned unit and related financial analysis highlighting areas for emphasis.
- Assisting the business units in CAPEX justification from a financial stand point - budgets, forecasts & management reports.
- Working with FP&A to review and analyze financial performance per business unit, and ensuring the timely submission of financial reports to the regional office and local management.
- Working with FP&A to support the overall budget and forecast preparation process in coordination with various operating groups.
- Establishing guidelines on credit granting procedures and making sure the policies are properly complied with.
- Conducting a monthly review of receivable balances with an emphasis on long over-due accounts and draft solutions for the immediate resolution of the issue. Communicating with Operations Managers concerning any red flag area in their area of responsibility.
- Establishing and maintaining adequate sources (credit line facilities) for the company’s CAPEX and working capital requirements.
- Preparing short and long-term cash requirement liabilities forecasts as the basis for maintaining adequate funds for the company.
- Handling tax planning and compliance.
- Ensuring compliance with all tax and other regulatory agency regulations.
- Preparing tax strategy focused on establishing tax plans resulting in the best possible option in terms of tax expenses.
- Assisting the organization in identifying and evaluating exposures to potential risks.
- Evaluating risk exposures relating to the organization’s governance, operations, and information systems regarding the safeguarding of assets; compliance with laws; regulations and controls; the effectiveness and efficiency of operations; and the integrity
and reliability of financial and operating information.
- Managing the company insurance portfolio.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master's Degree in Finance or Accounting - Certified Public Accountant is a plus.
- At least 15 years of working experience in logistics or manufacturing in a multinational organization and/or large local companies.
- Has a strong background in cost management and control, cost accounting, financial planning, and reporting.
- Good business acumen, able to be a business partner, a strategic thinker, an understanding of cross-functional roles, and good people management skills.