The Financial Accounting Team Leader is responsible for managing the day to day operations of the Financial Accounting team, which includes the general accounting and financial activities
and the hiring, training, motivation and development of all team members.
1. General Financial Accounting Management
Manage and support the Financial Accounting team in carrying out the general financial accounting processes, including the following activities:
▪Ensure that Daily Reports are accurate and sent out to stakeholders (including Sales Reports, SAP checks, etc.) on a timely basis
▪Ensure that general accounting tasks are accurately performed on a timely basis in accordance with Bridgestone Policies and Procedures
▪Ensure that appropriate controls exist for the in-scope processes and are being correctly performed and reported
2. Month-End and Annual Closing and Reporting Management
Manage and support the Financial Accounting team in carrying out the monthly and annual closing and reporting processes, including the following activities:
▪Ensure that the Month-End and Annual closing activities are accurately performed on a timely basis in line with group policy
▪Ensure that the Monthly and Annual reporting activities are accurately performed on a timely basis
▪Review the reporting and the results of controls with stakeholders and discuss all issues and agree any improvement actions
3. Quality Standards and Reporting
▪Establish quality standards for all processes and customers and review on an annual basis with stakeholders
▪Manage the team to ensure that Group Policies and Procedures are correctly followed and target quality levels are consistently achieved
4. People Management
▪Hire, train and develop all team members
▪Manage and motivate individual team members on a daily basis and ensure that the team operates effectively as a group
▪Maintain close relationships with all stakeholders, understand their requirements and manage their expectations
5. Lead Improvement Initiatives
▪Pro-actively lead the identification and proposal of potential improvement initiatives
▪Manage the implementation of improvement initiatives ensuring completion by agreed deadlines and achievement of targets
▪Participate in strategic ad hoc projects and other tasks as assigned by the Regional Lead, Shared Services
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
▪Degree in Accounting is required, a professional accounting qualification (e.g. CA, CPA) is a plus
▪Good level of English, written and spoken (TOEIC : 700 up)
▪At least 10 years of relevant experience in Financial Accounting with a thorough understanding of financial accounting processes and at least 2 years’ experience in a Team Leader role
▪The following personal attributes: self-motivated; problem-solving and decision-making skills; ability to manage conflicting priorities; good communication skills; and ability to meet deadlines whilst ensuring quality
▪The ability to lead, manage, develop and motivate a team
▪Excellent verbal and written communication skills
▪Proficiency in MS Office, in particular Excel and Word and experience with SAP or a similar ERP system
▪Experience with ZGLI Journaling tool, Tableau, Lease Eagle and SAP Business Objects is desirable but not necessary
Bridgestone is establishing a Shared Service Centre in Thailand to support various group companies located in the Asia Pacific region. In addition to performing assigned accounting activities, the Service Centre will undertake
ongoing initiatives to improve the quality and efficiency of it’s services, such as by incorporating best practices into it’s processes and utilizing new technologies.
We are looking for new potential member who meet with our Bridgestone Behavior (TRACE)
1) Transparency (T) >>Act ethically with integrity in all work responsibilities and share candidly the thoughts with Clear, Open and Honest.
2) Respect (R) >>Care for fundamental human rights, show courtesy, value diversity & different points of view and demonstrate mutual trust in our day-to-day interactions with each other.
3) Accountability (A) >>Take pride and ownership with also behave proactively and fully engaged in taking actions to deliver on our promises and provide the best quality in work.
4) Collaboration (C) >>Work with others as a team and support each other with the power of diversity and display unity of vision with also complement others with ideas and skills to achieve our business goals with pride and enthusiasm.
5) Embrace Change (E) >>Be constantly willing to adapt and promote positive change and see them as opportunities to meet the needs of our customers with also recognize that without the change, without the improvement.