Our client is a global supplier of Automotive parts. They are now looking for a Finance and Accounting Officer to join their team.
The Finance & Accounting officer will report directly to the Accounting Finance Manager and will be responsible for the following;
- Ensuring the accuracy and current status of all bank accounts.
- Providing internal and external auditors with sufficient information relating to all responsible areas associated with debtors and stock – raw material.
- Assisting in the accounting processes of AP & AR and all company legal & tax matters.
- Coordinating the reconciliation of the bank statements, accounting records, and other financial statements.
- Preparing all tax regulations and requirements, such as; VAT, withholding tax, and corporate income tax.
- Providing statutory accounting reports to the Finance Accounting Manager on a periodic basis.
- Providing operating systems relating to accounting policies and procedures, including any new developments and emerging reforms in accounting and financial management.
- Implementing & developing accounting and financial modeling processes in order to improve efficiency of operating systems.
- Checking every document prepared by accounting staff functions, such as; accounts payable vouchers, journal vouchers, withholding tax forms, VAT forms and cheques.
- Preparing financial statements, analyzing financial performance, and reporting to management.
- Handling various other ad hoc reports and analyses requested by the management team.
- Being responsible for assisting other requirements requested by the direct supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a Financial related field.
- At least 3 - 5 years’ experience working in an accounting function preferably within a manufacturing environment and a CPD licensed is highly desirable.
- Good leadership and management skills.
- Problem solver, strong leadership, and good analytical skills with a serviced mind.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and knowledge of ERP and accounting & financial reporting software will be a plus.
- Good command of written and spoken English.