Using data to help solve business problems by identifying various facts, trends, problems and propose solutions to make better strategic business decisions. Preparing descriptive analytics
examines what happened in the past to spot trends. Also preparing diagnostic analytics considers why something happened by comparing descriptive data sets to identify dependencies and patterns to determine the cause of a positive or negative outcome. The responsibilities
typically include the following:
• Data Cleaning and Preparation - Need to retrieve data from one or more sources and prepare the data so it is ready for numerical and categorical analysis. Data cleaning also involves handling missing and inconsistent data that may affect your analysis.
• Data Analysis and Exploration - Take a business question or need and turn it into a data question. Then, transform and analyze data to extract an answer to that question. Moreover, find interesting trends or relationships in the data that could bring value to a business.
• Creating Data Visualizations and Communication - Produce reports or build dashboards on your findings and communicate to business stakeholders and managements.
• Statistical Knowledge
• Mathematical Ability
• Programming languages, such as SQL, Python
• Analytic tools such as Tableau, Power BI
• Domain knowledge
• Problem-Solving skill
• Communicate skill in multiple formats
• Interpersonal skills
• Teamworking skills
• Think out of the box
• Self Learning
• Bachelor Degrees in MIS, Business, Economic, Computer Science or related field
• At least 2-3 year of experience with Data Analysis
• Age between 26 – 35 years
Advanced Info Service Plc (AIS) or “AIS” is the “Digital Life Service Provider” which consists of three core businesses namely mobile, fixed broadband, and digital
service. In this 26th year of mobile service, AIS has maintained its leading position with 48% revenue market share and is serving 40.6 million subscribers nationwide. AIS has 4G/3G/2G networks, covering 98% of populations at the end of 2016.
In 2015, AIS started a new fixed broadband business through a pure fiber optic network under the brand ‘AIS Fibre’. As of 1Q17, AIS Fibre had 373,900 subscribers with service coverage of 5.2mn homepass in 28 provinces. Striving to become a significant player in the next 3 years, we continue to expand our business and build stronger operational foundation.
The last part of AIS' core business is digital service, focusing on 5 key areas; video, game, mobile banking, cloud and M2M. For video service, AIS developed AIS PLAY, a video-content mobile application and AIS PLAYBOX, which is a set top box for home entertainment via AIS Fibre.
AIS’ subsidiaries operate various telecommunications related businesses including domestic mobile service, international direct dialing services, and international roaming services etc.
The Thailand’s telecommunication industry has been regulated under the National Broadcasting and Telecommunication Commission (“NBTC”). AIS granted the license to operate business from the NBTC as follows;
All these 3 spectrums are deployed for 2CA (1800/2100) and 3CA (900/1800/2100) technology in density areas.