Our client is a famous logistics/express delivery and is one of the fastest-growing eCommerce global organizations, based in Bangkok, Thailand. They are now in need of a customs clearance supervisor to join their team.
- Implementing customs plans and processes to optimize service and cost performance in the customs clearance activities.
- Providing input to planning and directing the flow of air and surface traffic to/ from foreign destinations to ensure customs clearance is completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Controlling shipped items, shipping validity dates and debits, and duties/ tariffs at government institutions.
- Implementing customs entries, classifying goods based on information provided by customers and perform customs security filing.
- Completing post-clearance modification, implement inbound and outbound documentation, archive customs documents, and update customs shipment information and physical status.
- Computing duties, tariffs, price conversions, weight, and volume of merchandise exported/ imported to/from foreign destinations.
- Providing pricing and margin guidance, support on bids, RFQs, and customer presentations.
- Analyzing, resolving customer issues, handling, and appropriately solving incidents such as escalations/disputes raised by internal or external customers.
- Monitoring the latest regulation updates and ensuring adherence to compliance standards, legal requirements, and import/export control legislation.
- Pursuing activities for issuing and controlling import licenses, and processes and controls of the export area.
- Working with counterparts in customs authorities and government bodies for running smooth operations and to meet regulatory compliance.
- Contributing to develop and consistently implement workflow models between central customs operations and transactional operations teams.
- Resolve and analyze issues in day-to-day delivery, and implement practices and quality standards for customs focusing on increasing effectiveness and efficiency, and controlling costs
- Providing support on issues and problems from less experienced/ new team members, provide direction and guidance as needed.
- Researching, identifying, and obtaining the permits, licenses, and certificates required for customs clearance and general customs formalities.
- Giving advice to customers on legal (e.g. trade compliance - shipments to sanctioned countries) and customs topics.
- Contacting customs authorities.
- Able to work at Chiang Mai.
- Bachelor's Degree in any related field.
- Male/female age not over 40 years olds.
- Has knowledge in legal of customs clearance.
- Able to contact the department of Thai customs.
- Has 5-7 years of experience directly in the Customs Clearance process.
- Communications skills.