Our client is a leading global company in the FMCG industry. This position is responsible for managing a lean end to end supply chain for a specific group of materials in the direct sourcing area (i.e. raw material, packaging materials). He/she will work
closely with the sourcing manager to drive the efficient and effective implementation of sourcing strategy in the PCH unit. The role will also act as the first point of contact for suppliers and manage supplier relationship and supplier operational performance
on a day-to-day basis, optimise the supply chain to maximize the total value. He/ she will be responsible to manage the raws or packaging budget balanced against quality and fit for purpose.
This position is expected to collaborate cross-functionally within the organization as well as relevant external organizations and associates to achieve the agreed business goals. He/she will also be the representative of the commercial team in S&OP+ as designated.
The role is based at PCH with regular travel to related suppliers in Thailand
Education & Professional Qualifications:
- Managing the assigned direct materials portfolio against the key measurement within the Commercial strategy and OGSM.
- Working with Sourcing buyer/manager to implement buying portfolio strategies to meet with OGSM.
- Working with Sourcing buyer/manager to get market knowledge, trends, and developments and provide price forecasts, risk assessments, and price standards related to supply and/or quality.
- Effective managing of the direct materials budget against the operating plan budget. This includes analyzing PPV and work with the sourcing buyers/managers to identify the action plan to close the gap.
- Leading the overall materials price forecast for the site and monitoring the overall price to deliver as per the operating plan.
- Negotiating and managing pricing agreements for nonstrategic materials, conduct preliminary supplier audits, and review supplier qualifications in conjunction with the SQA team.
- Supporting and where necessary, leading supplier quality improvement initiatives through the SQA program.
- Continuously identifying improvements in the supply chain pipeline.
- Monitoring supplier reliability performance.
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with global/regional/ strategic buyers, local logistics team, R&D, and operations.
- Ensuring effective communication through the business on relevant purchasing information, new suppliers, market trends, and cost-saving initiatives to the units.
- Actively participating in integrated planning and new development programs critical to ensuring raw material availability.
- Leading to identify the opportunity to optimize the supply chain of the assigned materials.
- Working with the strategic buyer and internal stakeholders to drive implementation of COGS programs to maintain or enhance product quality, provide efficiencies, and reduce total delivered costs.
- Leveraging our suppliers’ capabilities to improve the supply chain.
- Working with internal clients and suppliers to support new product launches, line extensions, and execution of continuous improvement program to maintain a ‘fit for purpose’ supply chain of raw and packaging materials.
- Providing necessary analysis incorporating storage and handling costs into buying strategies and decisions.
- Representing the commercial team in DiB Feeder Meeting for the site.
- Leading the DiB Prime for the site to deliver 4% target
- Substantial prior business experience including supplier management, commercial/purchasing/business management function. At least 5 years of working experience, with a minimum of 3 years in a commercial or business management role.
- Good analytical skills and ability to make sound business decisions in complex and ambiguous business environments
- The knowledge, skills, and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program in a related field
- Ability to implement commercial and business strategies to gain a competitive advantage
- Possess strong leadership, negotiating, and interpersonal skills in order to be effective in both the internal and external environments
- Ability to set and achieve business objectives.
- Ability to influence across functions.
- Drive team collaboration