Reports to: General Manager
Responsible for: Commis / Chef de Partie
Working hours: 48 hours per week -– Work schedule depends on the requirements of the catering and instructions – 1 days off per week.
Location: Charoen Nakhon road, but not limited to. The Chef will be required to covers outside catering and therefore be expected to have variable work location.
- Manage and lead the kitchen team members to completely satisfy our guests during and for their catering experience.
- Implement the highest standards of food quality through the kitchen
- Ensures that mise en place levels are kept to the expected standard and stock available
- Has a thorough knowledge and understanding of all food items in the menu
- Assist creating menus and research for new creation.
- Ensures kitchen is tidy at all times and is fully conversant with all aspects of kitchen Hygiene
- Supervises kitchen opening or closing duties
- Checks food presentation and quality throughout service, ensures food quality and consistency
- Prepares and places Purchas Orders accurately and based on needs
- Liaise with the General Manager and Sales on daily operations and quality control
- Is a hands-on supervisor, present at all times in the kitchen, especially during busy periods
- Exercises efficient resources team allocation through the establishment of a flexible workforce and schedule throughout the kitchen
- Focuses attention on improving productivity levels and ensuring energy efficiency of all equipment/material
- Assist in the building of an efficient team by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety, training and development.
- Ensures employees have a complete understanding of rules and regulations, and that behaviour complies
- Establish par stocks for all operating equipment, supplies, inventoried items, and ensures that the outlet is adequately equipped
- Conducts seasonally inventory checks on all operating equipments and supplies
- Reports and follows up with all maintenance defaults effecting efficient and professional delivery of service
- Carries out any reasonable requests as directed by the General Manager
Key Requirements for the Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience in similar position in reputable restaurants
- Experienced in catering
- Professional English proficiency
- Ready-to-learn Attitude
- Strong customer service and interpersonal communications skills required
- Team-Player and Flexible
- Process and system driven, strong leadership, motivational and people skills