Responsible for the overall management and performance of the facility including warehouse and transportation operations, customer relations, information technology, quality and security. In addition,
the DC Manager is accountable for achieving company objectives and productivity standards, maintaining budget objectives and overall responsibility of managing/leading staff.
- Develop and direct all staff to ensure the efficient and cost-effective operation and utilization of the facility
- Oversee all distribution services including receiving, storing, shipping, order fulfillment and handling returned/damaged goods, maintenance and administrative activities to ensure customer requirements are met
- Oversee job assignments and labor schedules.
- Plan long-range labor needs based on sales forecasts and input from management
- Focus on continuous improvement and make recommendations to senior management on programs to improve operations
- Develop a space utilization plan to meet prescribed cost and service standards
- Monitor the space layout plan to ensure it continues to meet company standards
- Develop and implement an effective product locator system and update as necessary.
- Perform special projects/tasks as assigned
- Responsible to hire, train/develop, motivate, discipline, and terminate staff
- Direct the operations of warehouse staff to achieve prescribed objectives
- Develop and maintain a productive work team by creating programs for hiring, training, and professional development
- Match the skill and background of personnel to the work required.
- Apply sound communication and motivational techniques, create programs to supervise, counsel and discipline associates
- Ensure consistent guidelines are used for performance evaluation system for recommending promotions, wage increases and terminations
- Ensure that procedures are in place for the efficient operation and utilization of all warehouse equipment
- Direct programs to ensure the safety of all personnel, equipment and property
- Provide safety instruction to personnel as needed
- Report all work-related injuries immediately
- Provide immediate medical attention to injured employees as necessary
- Ensure compliance with appropriate government regulations
- Ensure standards are met and report quality variances
Relationships - Customers:
- Continually maintain a professional and courteous relationship with all internal/external customers
- Audit operation to ensure service standards are being met
- Meet with customers to discuss performance against KPIs
- Establish customer relations training programs for all front-line personnel
- Ensure current and accurate inventory control for all products
- Ensure the creation of the necessary warehouse information systems to meet company objectives and facilitate the efficient operations of the warehouse
- Ensure that necessary warehouse computer software and hardware are provided
- Remain knowledgeable regarding changes in hardware and software technology
- Ensure the security of the facility, its environment, employees and contents
- Conduct regular instruction in good security practices
Required Business Experience / Skills / Qualifications:
- Thai nationality
- Bachelor or Master degree in Logistics, International Business Management, Business Administration or any related field
- English communication skill
- 5 – 7 years of experience in a distribution environment, managing Warehouse operation, especially DC operations
- Effective decision making, planning, and analytical skills
- Proficiency in WMS, SAP, MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- A broad range of management skills is required with particular emphasis on leadership, supervision, motivation, communication, and planning.