Our Client is a leading International Logistics and Freight Forwarding Business who are well established in Thailand and SE Asia.
They are looking to hire a new Assistant Manager for their Regional Cross Border Transport Team based in Bangkok.
You should have experience in Transport and Logistics, ideally Croos Border, and be a proactive and positive person with a Customer focused mindset.
- Manages multiple, simultaneous projects, with simple to moderate supply chain and technical complexity
- Setup of SOPs, policies & standards in cooperation with all stakeholders & creation of regional standards.
- Support the implementation of central IT tools from the operational point of view.
- Develop methodology for KPIs. Improve data quality and enhance transparency; Analyze business data to propose insight for business process and product development.
- Implement optimization initiatives for e.g. route planning, truck utilization as well as balance costing and service level.
- Manage and organize monthly Regional Meetings of the Asian Road Team
- Liaise with other operational divisions such as Air & Ocean freight and Warehousing, including regional functions, to facilitate road projects and other business development initiatives.
- Implement and create vendor management standard based on local, regional requirements and compliance
- Identify new market opportunities, Promote CBT products to sale team and encourage them by providing materials, toolkit and fundamental knowledge.
What you should have:-
- Experience in logistics and supply chain where a detailed knowledge of cross border transport operations have been obtained
- Experience in project management related to transport operations
- Able to read, write and speak English is a must.
- Understanding of Project Management methods, processes and tool sets
- Ability to see the “Big Picture” both of commercial and operation and find out the solution of operation to support commercial and customer requirement.
- Able to review SOPs, Job instructions and assess their operational and commercial risk
- Commercial understanding and basic contractual understand
- Strong working knowledge of MS office, specifically Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Basic understanding in GPS and TMS systems.
- Strong in data analysis, visualization and problem-solving skill
- Knowledge of transport law and regulations
- Strong Knowledge about transportation and also about handling of DG
- Able and willing to lead a multi-disciplinary team and have the ambition to develop team members and other colleagues.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, be able to work independently and show initiative
- Can-do mentality and positive attitude.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to persuade, influence, negotiate, and make formal presentations in meetings and training environments.
- Strong ability to work with stakeholders at all levels of the business and customer organizations
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Able to work under pressure and self-motivation
- Able to work on site and travelling up country
This is a really great opportunity for someone to work directly with one of the Region's best Cross Border Transport Teams and to rapidly develop your knowledge and skill set.
The right candidate can expect a rewarding and challenging job and excellent compensation and development.