- Work directly with the department Lead and Senior Animators as well as Designers to identify and execute on the animation needs of the game
- Create 3D in-game animations that seamlessly mix with the animations of other team members
- Visually scripting animation graphs/ trees
- Supporting the character art team on a day-to-day basis with character related tools and proactive suggestions for improvement of workflows
- Work under the guidelines of the Art Director to maintain the games visual identity
- Working in a collaborative environment where feedback is welcome
- Producing high quality animations on time.
- Conceptualize and generate new Illustrations for animations based on a given production style guide.
Education and Experiences
- Bachelor's degree in in visual communication art, design, or a related field.
- 3 years experiences in animation.
Knowledge and skill & Training requirement
- Strong understanding of both figure and facial anatomy.
- Strong understanding of traditional animation principles and how they can be used to establish character personality and enhance overall gameplay.
- Strong ability to utilize timing, dynamics & body mechanics to create stylized and realistic animation.
- Self-motivated, excellent communicator, and a great team-player attitude.
- Be a team-player and receive constructive feedback on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently or with a group.
- Complex character/creature rigging experience in Maya for games or film is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of MEL and/or Python is a plus.
- C# or C++ knowledge is a plus.
- Shipped title and/or mobile games as a 3D Character Animator is a plus.
- Outstanding 2D animation skills is a plus.
- Skill in one or more related disciplines – illustration, modeling, rigging, or technical art is a plus.
- Understanding of code versioning (Git, SVN) and its tools is a plus.
- Experience in PM Tool such as JIRA, Redmine is a plus.