Our client's Product Development Department is looking for a Language Specialist, to take ownership of website content in his/her native language, to provide a better experience to the local market. In this role, you will be responsible for content translation, submitting localisation ideas and making recommendations for the overall look and feel of our client's products.
In addition you will work on targeted strategies to increase the company's brand visibility and optimise marketing efforts in the Vietnamese market. The Language Specialist will report to the Foreign Language Operations Manager.
This position is based in Bangkok, Thailand.
- Native Vietnamese speaker only
- University or College Degree
- At least 2 years full-time work experience, preferably in the localisation, Travel or Advertising industries
- Copywriting experience in Vietnamese
- Good command of English and strong translation skills
- Able to search and gather information online efficiently
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Good excel skills and basic knowledge of HTML are a plus
- A good team player with an excellent eye for detail who takes initiative
- Maintain high quality website content in Vietnamese
- Provide suggestions to constantly improve our translation quality and add a linguistic perspective to development
- Translate English content (site updates, hotel content, press releases, travel articles, promotional emails and newsletters) closely following the company's brand and language guidelines
- Recruit, manage and supervise freelancers
- Ensure freelance translations meet the required quality standards
- Conduct website reviews in search for inconsistencies and localisation issues
- Analyse language specific data to optimise website and campaign performance
- Conduct marketing activities to increase visibility and website traffic within the target market
- Assist with interdepartmental requests
- Perform ad-hoc administrative duties