Test Analyst / Senior Test Analyst (Manual Testing)
Our client is the UK's leading supplier of investor-recordkeeping services and systems to the UK domestic and to the European “offshore” market. Their solutions are used by retail and institutional fund managers, fund distributors and platforms, investment trust companies and providers of group and individual DC pensions.
They believe that the key to their future success lies in the caliber of the people they employ, and as such they offer a wide range of benefits to ensure high-achievers are rewarded:
- Excellent Base Salaries
- Performance Related Annual Bonuses
- International Career Opportunities
- Comprehensive Training Plans
- Overseas Training and International Business Travel
- Social Functions and Team Activities
- Life/Accidental/Disability Insurance
- Medical Insurance / Optical Care
- Education Assistance Program
- Annual Leave
Overall job purpose:
Executing and managing testing activities on Transfer Agency systems utilized in the COMPANY Transfer Agency business across Europe. Key goal is executing and managing User Acceptance Testing (UAT) of any change to a Transfer Agency application to agreed standards, ensuring that the quality of the output is of a consistently, high standard.
- Contribute to the evolution of the Test Charter/Methodology to industry best practice and based on industry standards (ISTQB)
- Generate high quality test strategies, test plans and test results for each project the team are engaged on
- Create comprehensive test documentation with well-defined, reusable test scripts that are traceable back to requirements
- Contribute to reporting to stakeholders and senior management including appropriate metrics
- Execute testing to agreed internal standards; ensure documentation is to an auditable standard
- Balance the need to meet expected high standards for changes with the need to provide an efficient and effective service
- Ensure regression testing is performed in a manner that recognizes the risks of introducing defects into an established environment while at the same time meeting deadlines
- Management of risk and issue escalation
- Provide accurate test estimations to PMO/PM where requested
- Contribute to shift left philosophy by reviewing all BRDs, providing detailed feedback based on working knowledge of the system being changed and best practice requirements validation
- React dynamically to changing priorities
- Manage onsite external test resources providing training, support, system access and ensuring testing delivered to agreed standard
- Prioritize work streams within projects
- Provide appropriate level of analysis into all project go live decisions
- Communicate accurate Test status to Test Manager, Project Manager, external vendors and key stakeholders
- All testing to consider functional scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error validation, defect retesting, usability and performance testing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- 2 - 7 years experience in Quality Assurance and Software Testing.
- In-depth knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle and the role of Quality Assurance within it.
- Qualified to ISEB/ISTQB Foundation level.
- Excellent risk assessment abilities.
- Experience in developing test plans and strategies, for functional and non-functional testing, manual and automation testing and performance and stress testing.
Experience in test execution, defect classification and prioritization.
- Strong, instinctual understanding of software testing methodologies.
- Very good command of spoken and written English.
- Experience with support (diagnosing problems, troubleshooting in a production environment) is a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of FAST/FAST Mail/ADR/AS400/Oracle would be an advantage.
- Ability to work in a team, under tight deadline, and display flexibility.
- Ability to work as a professional and being a good role model.
Qualified Thai nationals please submit your resumes stating present and expected salary & package details to :
Foremost Resources Recruitment Co., Ltd.
100/476 Moo 6, Rama II Road, Pantainorrasing,
Muangsamutsakorn, Samutsakorn, 74000