Brighton College International School Bangkok
TEACHING AND LEARNING ASSISTANT
TEACHING AND LEARNING ASSISTANT
For January 2017
Brighton College Bangkok wishes to recruit a Pre Nursery Teaching and Learning Assistant to support the Pre-Prep school of Brighton College Bangkok. The successful candidate will report to the Deputy Head of Pre-Prep school.
Brighton College Bangkok
Brighton College is delighted to have opened its sister school in Bangkok, one of South East Asia’s most vibrant and successful capital cities. Following the launch of the Pre Prep in September 2016, Brighton College Prep and Senior Schools will open their doors to their first pupils in September 2017, on an iconic and purpose-built 20-acre campus in central Bangkok. The College will be comprised of a Pre-Prep School, a Prep School and a Senior School with an ultimate pupil capacity of 1,500. We are an ambitious school and we are already on the way to becoming a leading school in South East Asia.
Brighton College Bangkok will deliver the Brighton College curriculum leading to IGCSEs and A-levels. Its pupils will aspire to the leading universities of the world, including Oxbridge and the US Ivy League. In due course, the College will seek accreditation from the ISC, and membership of the HMC and IAPS.
Brighton College Bangkok benefits from a strong partnership with Brighton College, the UK’s top co-educational school, and with Brighton College Abu Dhabi and Brighton College Al Ain, its two sister schools in the Middle East. The Brighton family of schools currently educates more than 4,000 pupils and is the most academically successful family of schools.
Teaching and Learning Assistant
- Be enthusiastic and passionate about education with an understanding of UK best practice.
- Show a flexible and adaptable attitude to the varied demands of working in a world-class school environment.
- Work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Demonstrate excellent organisational skills.
- Be reliable and respectful at all times.
- Present a professional image in line with the high expectations of Brighton College.
- Be a talented communicator, orally and in writingwith a high level of fluency in the English language.
Teaching and Learning
- Be an ambassador of the College at all times, in school and in Thailand.
- Guide and encourage children with tasks they have been set by their class teacher.
- Work with groups of children under the direction of the class teacher and contribute towards assessment.
- Assist with maintaining and developing the academic and behavioural standards set by the school.
- Support the positive learning and behavioural ethos of the school.
- Be aware of and involved in the curriculum planning process and to attended necessary planning meetings.
- Assist and work alongside the children on the computer.
- Prepare materials and resources for children's use.
- Help maintain teaching equipment in good condition.
- Help the class teacher prepare displays and to assist in the mounting of work.
- Undertake straight forward tasks on the computer such as labelling, lists, minutes and letters.
- Help run administrative systems that are set up in the classroom/year groups (book change/letter distribution etc.).
- Liaise with dining staff regardingsnack times.
- Support with the cleaning of school equipment, the backing of display boards, lost and found items, spare clothes etc
- Show an active interest in each child’s personal and domestic circumstances, and to fosterthe personal and social developments of each pupil in your care
- Actively promote the social, moral and cultural ethos of the College community
- Care for the social needs of the children as appropriate to their age.
- Care for the safety and well being of children during lunch and play times.
- Help maintain high standards of safety and care.
- Escort children to the nurse base if they are injured or ill.
- Supervise children when playing in designated areas in accordance with rotas.
- Assist with the orderly dismissal of children, ensuring they are safely escorted to their parents or after school activity. This may include a bus duty.
- Assist with the supervision of children when they are swimming.
- Assist and encourage children when eating their lunch.
- Supervise learning activities for groups of children at specific times such as; Mother and Toddler sessions, After school sessions for Early Years children and for older children between 2.30pm – 4.30pm on a rota system.
- Be aware of and act upon all policies regarding the safeguarding of children.
- Create an atmosphere of support by being aware of, and fully compliant with, all College Polices, including the Code of Conduct, the School Rules, and the Anti-bullying Policy.
- Be familiar with all College policies on Health and Safety and be proactive inensuring the safety of all members of the College community at all times.
- Promote exemplary behaviour and a responsible attitude amongst all pupils at all times.
- Ensure that all communication is acted upon appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Be responsible for all College resources, particularly those in your care, reporting damageor loss to the appropriate authority within the College.
- Foster a close partnership with parents, initiating contact in appropriate circumstancesand ensuring that there is a record of this.
- Carry out any reasonable professional request made by the Headmaster or Head of Pre-Prep.
- Usual working hours on the school site would be 7.15am –4.15pm
- As part of a rota system, there is an expectation for hours on site to be 7am – 4.30pm whenever supervising an after school activity.
- Bachelor Degree
- Experience of working as a teaching assistant or relevant experience preferred
- Excellent spoken and written English
An attractive salary package commensurate with the responsibility of the post will be offered. This will be reviewed annually.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send the following to Ms Siobhan Wyper and must include:
a) A typed letter of application, outlining your suitability for the role in no more than two pages, which should be addressed to the Head of Early Years at Brighton College International School Bangkok;
b) A current CV, including the names, email addresses and telephone numbers of three professional referees, one of whom must be your current or last employer.
c) A completed Application Form, which can be found at www.brightoncollegebangkok.com/recruitment/vacancies/
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered and the College reserves the right to make an appointment at any stage of the recruitment process.
Please visit our website for more information: www.brightoncollegebangkok.com.
Brighton College Bangkok is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Should your application be successful, a disclosure will be requested from the UK’s Disclosure and Barring Service for British nationals; local police checks will be undertaken for successful applicants of other nationalities.