Sr Engineer - Data Analytics (KORAT Plant)
Seagate Technology (Thailand) Ltd.
The Analytics Business Solutions team from Operations & Technology Advanced Analytics Group is seeking talented engineers for a high profile initiative helping our internal customers turn the data they have into the information they need to develop and deliver industry leading storage solutions. Analytics Business Solutions & Application Engineer will be the analytics and software development expert working with Advanced Analytics Business Solutions program/project managers to implement and deploy advanced analytics solutions for the stakeholders.
The engineer will be responsible for computer programming, software development, implementation and deployment of advanced analytics solutions.
Candidates should be passionate about analytics, computer programming, software tools development, training & coaching and willing to share this passion with others throughout the organization. A key function of this role is to work with Advanced Analytics Business Solutions program/project manager to enable effective advancement of modern analytical techniques across Seagate’s Operations and R&D organization.
This position will report to the Managing Principal Engineer of Advanced Analytics Development, Business Solutions Team in the United States
- Working with Advanced Analytics Business Solutions program/project managers to provide technical advanced analytics expertise and support business unit stakeholders in our APAC region. Primary key focus area will be: Korat
- Responsible for computer programming, software development, software tools & numerical solutions optimization to enable successful deployment of advanced analytics solutions via cloud based and/or local based systems
- Verifying the effectiveness and value of solutions with the business. Facilitate and provide training on both the use and the theory of the analytical method or software. Participate in internal and end user testing and gather feedback to improve the solution
- Continuously learning about new analytical methods and software as well as expanding your knowledge of business functions outside your business unit
- Education: Bachelor, Master degree or Ph.D in Computer Science, Computer Engineering (Fresh grads are welcomes)
- Up to 4 years experience in a role related to computer programming and/or software development and optimization (Preferred experience related to advanced analytics and tools discipline)
- Ability to conduct training on software tools application
- Self-starter. Ability to drive initiatives and influence. Ability to work alone as well as in a team environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Collaborative attitude and a global mindset with an ability to work well with native and non-native English speakers Proficiency in English (oral and written).
- Able to travel up to ~25%, including international
- Able to participate in conference calls outside of regular local work hours
- Software development experience with scripting languages and software platforms related to Advanced Statistics, Data Mining, Machine Learning and Visualization. Web development and dashboard development experience would be a plus
- Demonstrate on-going learning to keep up with technological advances. Experience with Hadoop is a plus
- Other Programming skills: R, Shiny R studio, Spark, Django and SAS
jobsDB จะส่ง ใบสมัครของคุณไปยัง Seagate Technology (Thailand) Ltd.
Seagate Technology (Thailand) Ltd.
Seagate is the worldwide leader in the design, manufacturing and marketing of hard disc drives, providing products for a wide-range of Enterprise, Desktop, Mobile and Consumer Electronics applications. The company is committed to delivering award-winning products, customer support and reliability, to meet the world's growing demand for information storage.
Seagate can be found around the globe and at www.seagate.com To support the scope expansion of Thai team, we invite the applications from both newly graduated and experienced professionals. Several new positions are required to be filled with highly motivated professionals. The career opportunities are opened at our factory in Korat and Teparuk.