Armed Forces Research Institute
Specimen Processing Technician, Dept. of Virology (1603-03)
OPEN TO: All interested candidates
Post: Bangkok, Thailand / Department of Virology
SALARY RANGE: start at 25K Baht per month (commensurate with experience decided by Chief Department)
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
The Department of Virology, Armed Forces Research Institute of Medical Sciences (AFRIMS) is seeking an individual for the position of “Specimen Processing Technician”under the Cooperative Agreement (CA) to work in Project Management Section.
University graduates are preferred. Experience in specimen management (receiving, processing, inventory, archiving, shipping and accountability) is required and in document management is preferred. Fluency in written and spoken English (TOEIC score AT LEAST 400) is required. Basic skills in using computer and Microsoft Office are required. An ability to conduct ones work in a controlled and regulated work environment is required.
- Assist in specimen management (receiving, processing, sending laboratories, inventory, shipping and accountability) as per Departmental Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Manage documents in specimen management (receiving, processing, sending laboratories, inventory, archiving, shipping and accountability).
- Respond to freezer failure by alerting the appropriate individuals and, if necessary, relocating specimens into temporary storage.
- Serve as a field medical research technician at the Departmental field stations. Prepare supplies for field trips, assist in collection of specimens and process specimens at the field stations.
- May direct the activities of subordinates during immunization and/or large-scale phlebotomy campaigns.
- Assist in the education of visiting technicians, physicians and investigators.
- Interact with outside technicians, physicians, patients, study volunteers and parents of child subjects.
- Actively participate in the Department's Quality Assurance Program to improve upon existing procedures and to adopt new procedures to enhance the quality of Departmental research projects and laboratory data.
- Contribute to Departmental efforts to meet and exceed Regulatory Agency standards for product development studies.
SUBMIT APPLICATION BY EMAIL TO:
Human Resources Office
315/6 Rajvithi Road, Bangkok 10400