SPIE Oil & Gas Services, a specialist subsidiary of the SPIE Group, is an international company providing services to the Oil & Gas Industry. With over 40 years International experience, 4,000 employees and a permanent presence in over 25 countries, SPIE Oil & Gas Services have become one the world’s leading technical services providers to the oil and gas industry. Our Clients include oil companies, engineering firms and oil and gas contractors to whom we offer service capabilities which include Asset Support, comprising of commissioning, maintenance engineering, operations and maintenance, operating manuals and procedure; Competence Development, training and technical assistance services. We are looking for the following position.
Skilled Technician, Mechanical / Electrical / Instrumental / Inspection
Work Location : Petroleum Support & Logistics Base (PSB), Songkhla
Job Purpose :
To carry out preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance and inspection programs as instructed and assigned by Maintenance & Inspection Team Leader. (Maintenance) He shall be responsible for trouble-shooting breakdowns, executing repairs and reports major problem to the Maintenance Team Leader. (Inspection) He shall be responsible for the inspection of both onshore and offshore ’s lifting equipment, including its accessories, i.e. bucket, onshore’s stationary and mobile crane, forklift, and color-coding of slings to be ready for certification and/or recertification, and report directly to the Inspection Team Leader. In addition, he shall always maintain good housekeeping practices at work sites and ensure tools and equipment are kept in good working conditions.
- Receive work orders (maintenance/inspection job cards) from the Maintenance & Inspection Team Leader and carry out works (preventive maintenance and/or corrective maintenance / inspection programs) of surface equipment installed on offshore platforms/facilities as per laid down procedures, schedules and/or instructed by Maintenance & Inspection Team Leader, adhering to the plant safety procedures,
- Check spare parts / materials on hand and report any shortage to the Maintenance & Inspection Team Leader for further action,
- General support to QA/QC inspection both at onshore and offshore sites as assigned by Inspection Team Leader,
- Feedback information to the Maintenance & Inspection Team Leader to ensure consistent equipment history and record tracking in CMMS,
- Reporting of any abnormal events or malfunction detected to the Maintenance & Inspection Team Leader to ensure proper actions are taken in a timely manner to maintain the integrity of the equipment / plants,
- Perform routine test of standby equipment and trouble-shoot defective equipment as instructed. Repair and restore the equipment back to it serviceable condition. Report abnormity or discrepancy to the Maintenance & Inspection Team Leader,
- Follow and encourage strict adherence to the SSHE policy and regulations in all work under the responsibility and directly report to Maintenance & Inspection Team Leader.
Job End Result:
- (Maintenance) Ensure that preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, routine and non-routine works are accurately and efficiently done within time frame,
- (Inspection) Ensure that inspection activities are conducted according to plan and strictly fulfilled the requirements and specifications according to the inspection policy in order to avoid any events that might jeopardize the integrity of facilities,
- Ensure that the works carried out, are of the highest levels of quality,
- Ensure that tools and equipment at work site are kept in good working conditions,
- Working knowledge of Maintenance & Inspection Procedures,
- Working knowledge of lifting equipment and crane equipment inspection,
- Basic knowledge of QA/QC Standards, i.e. ISO 9001, ISO 14001,
- Good knowledge/experience of SSHE requirements in a working environment,
- Possess a valid Basic Offshore Safety Training (BOST) certificate from a recognized training provider.
- Fair command of written and spoken English,
- Ability to operate PC and be literate with MS Office applications.
Professional Knowledge & Experience:
- (Maintenance) Higher Technical Diploma in Machine/Mechanic (Mechanical), Electrical/Electronic and/or Instrument (Electrical/Instrumental) or related fields,
- (Inspection) Higher Diploma in technical discipline; 5 years’ experiences in Inspection field; Experiences in Lifting Gear and Crane Inspection such as API 2D; Holding of CSWIP 3.0 (Welding Visual Inspection); Certified and able to operate NDT equipment as equivalent and according to ASME V or ASNT level 2 (PT, MT, UT and RT); NDT level 2
- (Maintenance) Minimum 5 years field working experience in maintenance and/or inspection of equipment in Offshore Oil and Gas industry or similar,
- Experience in turbine compressor equipment maintenance is an advantage (Mechanical),
- Experience in HVAC/Refrigeration system maintenance is an advantage (Electrical),
- Possess valid certificate of safe operation and inspection of lifting equipment, crane, forklift training from recognized training provider (Inspection),
- Moderate physical effort of standing, walking, climbing for 50% of work time,
Interested applicants please include full resume with qualifications, working experience, and current remuneration with expected salary, together with a recent photo. Please send your application along with CV in English and in Microsoft Word to us via APPLY NOW
SPIE Oil & Gas Services (Thailand) Ltd.
Tel: 02-793-8900, Fax: 02-793-8901