SPIE Oil & Gas Services, a specialist subsidiary of the SPIE Group, is an international company providing services to the Oil & Gas Industry. With over 40 years International experience, 4,000 employees and a permanent presence in over 25 countries, SPIE Oil & Gas Services have become one the world’s leading technical services providers to the oil and gas industry. Our Clients include oil companies, engineering firms and oil and gas contractors to whom we offer service capabilities which include Asset Support, comprising of commissioning, maintenance engineering, operations and maintenance, operating manuals and procedure; Competence Development, training and technical assistance services. We are looking for the following position.
Skill Technician (Mechanical) (Offshore/Onshore)
Work Location : Petroleum Support & Logistics Base (PSB) Workshop, Songkhla
Job Purpose :
To carry out preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance by Maintenance & Inspection Team Leader (Maintenance). He shall be responsible for trouble-shooting breakdowns, executing repairs and reports major problem to the Maintenance Team Leader. He shall be responsible to be the lead task supervisor for mechanical offshore activities such as vessel/heat exchange cleaning, mechanical isolation/de-isolation, valve repair and replacement, catalyst bed change out and other mechanical activities for static equipment. He will supervise the contractor to perform the task completion with safety awareness.
- Receive work orders (maintenance/inspection job cards) from the Maintenance & Inspection Team Leader and carry out works (campaign for offshore mission such as vessel cleaning, valve repair, etc) of mechanical static equipment installed on offshore platforms/facilities as per laid down procedures, schedules and/or instructed by Maintenance & Inspection Team Leader, adhering to the plant safety procedures,
- Check spare parts / materials on hand and report any shortage to the Maintenance & Inspection Team Leader for further action,
- General support to QA/QC inspection both at onshore and offshore sites as assigned by Inspection Team Leader,
- Feedback information to the Maintenance & Inspection Team Leader to ensure consistent equipment history and record tracking in CMMS,
- Reporting of any abnormal events or malfunction detected to the Maintenance & Inspection Team Leader to ensure proper actions are taken in a timely manner to maintain the integrity of the equipment / plants,
- Perform routine test of standby equipment and trouble-shoot defective equipment as instructed. Repair and restore the equipment back to it serviceable condition. Report abnormity or discrepancy to the Maintenance & Inspection Team Leader,
- Follow and encourage strict adherence to the SSHE policy and regulations in all work under the responsibility and directly report to Maintenance & Inspection Team Leader.
Job End Result:
- Maintenance) Ensure that preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, routine and non-routine works are accurately and efficiently done within time frame,
- Ensure that the works carried out, are of the highest levels of quality,
- Ensure that tools and equipment at work site are kept in good working conditions.
- Working knowledge of Maintenance Procedures,
- Working knowledge of static mechanical equipment such as vessel, exchanger, reactor, valve and all other static mechanical item
- Basic knowledge of QA/QC Standards, i.e. ISO 9001, ISO 14001,
- Good knowledge/experience of SSHE requirements in a working environment,
- Possess a valid Basic Offshore Safety Training (BOST) certificate
- Ability to operate PC and be literate with MS Office applications from a recognized training provider.
- Fair command of written and spoken English,
Professional Knowledge & Experience:
- (Maintenance) Higher Technical Diploma in Machine/Mechanic (Mechanical),
- (Maintenance) Minimum 5 years field working experience in maintenance in Oil and Gas industry or similar (offshore is preferable)
- Experience in static mechanical equipment such as vessel, exchanger, reactor, valve and all other static mechanical item (Mechanical),
- Experience in turbine compressor equipment maintenance is an advantage (Mechanical),
- Moderate physical effort of standing, walking, climbing for 50% of work time,
Interested applicants please include full resume with qualifications, working experience, and current remuneration with expected salary, together with a recent photo. Please send your application along with CV in English and in Microsoft Word to us via APPLY NOW
SPIE Oil & Gas Services (Thailand) Ltd.
Tel: 02-793-8900, Fax: 02-793-8901