CHEP (Thailand) Ltd.
CHEP (www.chep.com) is the global leader in returnable and reusable packaging services. Combining superior technology and an asset base of more than 300 million pallets and containers. CHEP offers its customers exceptional value, a platform that enables reduction in customer product damage and an environmentally sustainable logistics solution in 46 countries.
CHEP Thailand is looking for dynamic, innovative and forward-thinking talents to join the team and grow his/her career with us in CHEP.
Service & Program Manager
Hours: Permanent full time – Min 40hrs per week (Mon-Fri)
Taking 2 folds of accountabilities, which are
- owning an equipment logistics planning and management function as the on-going services to Tier supplier and OEMs customers,
- leading a program implementation as for the new customer on-boarding stage.
Logistics Planning and Management
- Is responsible for equipment demand planning by analysing rolling forecast and confirmed production received from Tier suppliers / OEMs, and stock on-hand. Then issue work orders to CHEP operations and transportation departments accordingly for equipment delivery.
- Work closely with CHEP operations and transportation to ensure on-time delivery
- Work closely with Tier supplier and OEM customers as well as CHEP on-site team, CHEP operations and transportation on reinforcing a discipline on their equipment tracking responsibilities to ensure accurate equipment transaction and stock balance at all time
- Act as a customer’s contact point for all service matters
- Regularly monitor stock balance and equipment transaction to early detect potential issues from stock shortage and entry error, and then coordinate with relevant parties for corrective and preventive actions
- Prepare customer scorecard analysis, and recommendations on equipment cycle time, productive improvement, and lead an improvement initiative implementation with the customers
- Help Business Development to understand insights on his/her account’s service performance for the monthly customer review meeting to achieve the 2 objectives of strengthening customer relationship, and identifying lane expansion opportunities
- Is responsible for regular physical stock counts at customer locations
- Oversee Logistics Analyst and Customer Service team member
- For international services (customers with ex-import activities), responsible activities also involve a relocation schedule of empty packaging planning, managing 3PL to ensure on-time shipment and smooth custom formality matters
- Lead a preparation of readiness plan, which outlines all activities required to set up for an implementation of a new program. The areas include Logistics, Operations, Transportation, System, Documentations, and Training.
- Drive collaborative efforts among CHEP internal teams, customers, 3PL on their engagement and acceptance on the readiness plan, as well as its implementation
- Act as a project manager to ensure the activities are implemented successfully on-time within budget. The key milestone is to meet Tier supplier ‘s first production volume timeline target date
- Work with Business Development, Packaging Engineer to support pack-out and logistics trail activities during the business development
- Team work with the sales team to profitably bring in lane expansion / new business by acting as own-area subject matter experts
- Team work with the operations, transportation, and on-site teams on handling all across-functional issues.
- Proactively drive and improve the Logistics Planning and Management, and Program Implementation functions
- Customer satisfaction
- Supply continuity
- Stock variance is within an agreed acceptable tolerant
- Seamless cross functional service activities
- Successful implementation of new programs
- Learning and knowledge development
- Continuous improvement on the department performance
Authority/ Decision Making
- Daily service activities to customers
- Customer issue resolution
- Management of Ex-import 3PLs
- Program implementation activities
- Education: University degree in Business or related field
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in logistics planning and management in Automotive or Logistics industry, and leading project implementations with cross functional teams and external customers
Skills and Knowledge
- Skills: Packaging logistics planning and management, customer service, inventory control, project management and implementation
- Experience and knowledge of the Automotive and Logistic industries
- Strong customer first mindset, with ability to develop excellent relationships with customer and supplier stakeholders.
- Strong team player, and ability to work across functional groups (internal and external) and build effective working relationships
- Strong in communication and presentation skills
- Flexible, organized and self-motivated to achieve customer wins and team work.
- Strong problem solving and time management skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Thai language capabilities. Japanese is an added asset.
- Strong computer knowledge including Microsoft Office
Interested candidate are encouraged to apply in writing with a detailed resume, and cover letter addressing the above accountabilities and criteria, including salary expectations.
CHEP (Thailand) Ltd.
Central City Tower 1, 31st Floor, Room no. A.
No. 589/161, Bangna-Trad Rd.(KM.3) Bangna, Bangna, Bangkok 10260
(Only short-listed candidates will be notified on the outcome of their application)