Senior Software Engineer – Fulfillment
Agoda Services Co., Ltd.
Agoda is the largest and fastest growing online travel agency company with very strong emphasis in technology. With cutting edge technology, we manage a massive amount of booking that allow people around the world to visit places they have never been. Here, you will work in a system at the Internet scale, so large that you can find in only very few company. In addition to the basic functional requirement that solution has to work perfectly, it also need to handle the spikey load where peak load can be 100x of usual load. More importantly, the system need be able to scale to handle our neck breaking growth rate. The challenge that only successful company can offer.
We are looking for exceptional engineers to extend our fulfillment system to next level. This fulfillment is the heart of the company where we process all bookings, from payment, confirming room availability & price with hotel, all the way until the customer depart the hotel. Entire customer experience heavily depend on this system. If you are looking for serious engineering challenge where you need to keep data integrity while maximizing availability and scalability, this is it. Successful candidate will need to both master the art of creating scalable system and also understand that his/her work will have an impact on business as a whole and be innovative to come up with solution that enable new business opportunity. In this role, you will have exposure to wide array of technology to help us move to the next level of growth. At the same time, we expect you to extend our technology stack/solution to stretch the boundary with cutting edge technology. If you are sharp technologist who are looking for opportunity to apply your skills to solve real world problem, Agoda is your place.
We are looking for top notch candidate from local and international. Relocation assistant will be available for successful candidate.
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of commercial software development experience.
- Experienced in designing large scale system that process very large number of transaction (or dataset) and run across multiple datacenters in parallel.
- Deep experience in one or more of C#, C++, or JAVA and its tooling/technologies. We believe that excellent engineer will learn new technology deeply and quickly as long as they have strong fundamental in some technologies.
- Ability to communicate in English clearly and concisely in written and verbal form
- Experience in designing data model/working with relation databases; i.e. MS SQL Server, Oracle.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. We are pushing the boundary so innovative solution from you is critical.
- Unit test and continuous integration. Take pride of the quality of the work.
Highly Desirable but you don’t need to have them all:
- Designed and implemented high availability system
- Exposure to web service technologies such as WCF, REST, SOAP, ASP.NET Web API
- Exposure to distributed queue technologies such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ
- Experience in NoSQL family of technology and good understanding of its trade off
- Experience with Internet company that operate with large number of user
- Experienced in cross functional SCRUM practice.
We welcome both local and international applications for this role. Full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance available for eligible candidates.
Agoda Services Co., Ltd.
Agoda is one of the fastest-growing online hotel platforms worldwide, working with more than 285,000 hotels in 29 countries and providing its services in 38 different languages. The company was established in 2005 by two veterans of the online travel business. In 2007, it was acquired by the priceline.com Inc. global group of Internet travel companies (Nasdaq: PCLN), and has been growing ever since.
Agoda employs more than 1,200 professionals of all nationalities in 29 locations around the world, with major operations in Singapore, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and Hong Kong. Dedicated market managers also maintain close relationships with hotel partners in Europe and the United States. The company is one of the leading IT employers in Southeast Asia, with core strengths in the hospitality industry, online and partner marketing, finance, customer support, and people & organizational development.
Agoda prides itself on a dynamic, multicultural workplace where creativity thrives and collaboration is key. We strive to provide a positive, enjoyable culture where people work hard but smile often, and where communication is open, frequent and constructive.
Our people are chosen for their dedication to making things great, their ability to push boundaries, and their understanding that cutting-edge products come from cutting edge ideas. Our industry moves fast, and so must we - but we have a great time doing it.