Third Eye Management Solutions Recruitment Co., Ltd.
Senior Nutrition Manager plus Innovation and Renovation
Client: International Leading in FMCG
Reporting Line: Marketing Director
Purpose of the job:
- Responsible for Nutritionist and Labelling design/ packaging development
- Analyze Master Formula and propose area of claim for local marketing capitalizing on key ingredients while complying with local regulatory limitations.
- Analyze Core claim directive material from Global Nutrition Standard Board (NSB) and propose nutrition and health claim supporting on local marketing concept.
- Ensure pack design alignment and consistent across WIN family while deliver high shelf impact & modernize brand image.
- Ensure pack material specification and dimension for local trade promotion comply with local trade channel requirement.
- Liaise with global department, manufacturing plant, packaging suppliers and local project management (both NPD and re-launch), RA, Supply Chain, QA team to ensure launch on-time from packaging standpoint.
- Act as the resource person for WIN business unit (BU) on all matters related to nutrition and coordinate with internal personnel and government health officials to ensure that all personnel, healthcare professionals, consumers and trade customers are provided with the necessary nutrition information.
- Help maintain the integrity of the Company’s high quality nutritional products, builds and strengthens goodwill with healthcare professionals and consumers.
Innovation and Renovation (I&R)
- Responsible for I&R strategic process for New Product Development (NPD)
- Coordinate with local and global marketing and technical teams to ensure product launch timings are met.
- Ensure compliance of all WIN products in local regulatory, Milk Code and company’s guidelines.
- Ensure full compliance to FTSE4Good, WHO Code, the company Policy and Instructions and local legislation in the context of delivering objectives by self/entire team.
Nutritionist and Labelling design/packaging development
- Analyze nutritional information and provide competitive claims to strengthen or create new claims on current formula.
- Review proposed copy on labels to ensure that product claims conform to current nutritional standards/trends, regulation and the Code of Ethics.
- Provide feedback to the marketing team on competitive claims and find way to counteract with competitors.
- Act as the BU’s official representative to professional associations for nutritionists/dietitians and other relevant bodies when required
- Regular update WIN labeling database and compare and contrast nutrition-related information versus key competitors and present to marketing team
- Lead and liaise with Global Packaging Design and Development team to ensure local adaptation of product labels and packages are in line with the requirements and timelines
- Manage third party agencies for package design and development to achieve agreed outcome and timeline.
- Review color standard for primary and secondary packaging materials and work with local suppliers to develop outer case for trade promotion
- Support Marketing Teams in identifying category and business opportunities by conducting market research to understand and translate consumer insights
- Provide New Product Development project updates through monthly meetings and weekly reports, follow up on action plans and propose solutions for raised issues so as to achieve the launch plan
- Actively monitor the progress of the existing products and drive product renovation ideas in terms of cost, quality and added value
- Ensure that Marketing and Technical team plans and directions for NPD are properly consolidated and updated
- Develop ways to improve activity timelines on the NPD process and provide necessary corrective actions when issues arise
- Spearhead the concept sample development process to obtain product approval and release from Global
- Ensure compliance and validation of products to all regulations and specifications
- Establish and verify technical information and nutritional claims with Nestlé affiliates so as to prepare and execute inter-market supply briefs
- Communicate with Global on technical assistance and implementation for NPD and commercialization
- Ensure knowledge transfer between Global R&D and the market and vice versa
- Ensure technical documents submitted to local authorities for FDA registration are well organized, correct and complete
- Perform the role of BU Coordinator for Quality-related activities:
- Participate in sensory profiling with the factory team
- Provide standard product declarations and manufacturing formulae received from Global for reference
- Provide the factory team with procedures to evaluate new product quality
- Provide technical consultation to the Factory Team and MSD in solving manufacturing problems and recommend modification to the manufacturing processes to improve product quality
- Update the Factory AG and I&R teams of any relevant news on company’s policies
- Collaborate with Factory AG and/or Global in creating prototype samples in line with NPD Brief, target cost and production line capabilities
- Provide clear directions to agencies with regards to deliverables and provide liaison to establish harmonious working relationships in the process
- Bachelor Degree in Food Science or related fields
- Master Degree in Marketing is a plus
- Minimum 7-year experience in product development, sales and marketing in FMCG, experience in dealing with Thai FDA is preferred Strong knowledge of Competition Law guidelines (local and international)
- Strong interpersonal skill and consumer-minded
- Result-oriented and quality-driven
- Think win-win and solutions focus
- Positive, proactive, pleasant and persistent
- Good problem solving and convincing skills
- Effective communication skills in both Thai and English
- Good computer skills
Only short list candidates will be contacted. We do not accept “Apply Now”; please reply with your resume in English in word format only.
Interested candidate, please send your resume in English (Word format only) along with your latest and expected salary to us by E-mail.
Third Eye Management Solutions Recruitment Co., Ltd.
No 9, Fifth Floor, Ploenjit Center Building
Sukhumvit 2 Road, Klongtoey
Bangkok 10110, Thailand
Tel: +66 (0) 2656-7737-41 Fax: +66 (0) 2656-7742
“Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.”
“Thai citizens only”