SPIE Oil & Gas Services, a specialist subsidiary of the SPIE Group, is an international company providing services to the Oil & Gas Industry. With over 40 years International experience, 4,000 employees and a permanent presence in over 25 countries, SPIE Oil & Gas Services have become one the world’s leading technical services providers to the oil and gas industry. Our Clients include oil companies, engineering firms and oil and gas contractors to whom we offer service capabilities which include Asset Support, comprising of commissioning, maintenance engineering, operations and maintenance, operating manuals and procedure; Competence Development, training and technical assistance services. With expansion of our business, we are looking for the following position.
Safety Technician (Based Offshore, Gulf of Thailand)
Quantity: 2 positions
Contract: Long term contract with renewable
Operational Work Plans and Activities
- Participate in the review of daily work plans, activities, and issues within production department and find solutions to solve problem and ensure prompt and right decisions are made complying with all standard working processes and standards
- Participate pre-job safety meetings, in order to improve productivity standards and plan the use of safe working practices
Health, Safety and Management Systems
- Assess sources of safety information for relevance to the operation
- Actively seek and update information on developments in safety related areas and disseminate them to relevant personnel
- Maintain and implement Safety Systems within personal responsibility and operational requirements.
- Clearly and accurately record results of monitoring activities as appropriate
Maintenance of the Working Environment and Operational Requirements
- Carry out inspections effectively and accurately obtaining and recording results accurately
- Identify, prioritise and act upon potential or real hazards or deviations from requirements discovered.
- Maintain effective working relationships with external and internal inspection/audit teams and cooperate as required
- Facilitate access of inspection/audit teams to appropriate information
Development and Maintenance of a Health and Safety Culture at The Workplace
- Effectively present HSE information and advice, on request and proactively, to relevant personnel
- Effectively communicate recommendations for improvement to relevant personnel
- Effectively provide information regarding potential hazards and trends
- Maintain the profile of Safety as a company goal and give safe behaviour a high value through actions and communications.
- Effectively promote positive safety behaviours and attitudes
Reporting, Investigation and Follow Up Of Accidents and Incidents
- Effectively report details of accidents, incidents and near misses.
- With consultation by HSSE Engineer, effectively investigate or contribute to investigations of workplace incidents or near misses
- Write clear and unambiguous reports with suitable recommendations forwarding them to the correct persons
Communication and Training
- Inform new arrivals to the Site Safety Officer (FPSO/FSO/Barge/Rig, etc.) for them to receive a safety induction as per procedures.
- Induct new personnel with ‘New Start Worker’ procedure.
- Provide training plan and support for Emergency Response personnel as required
- Ensure all training material is on board and accessible to candidates
- Provide training and assessment as required in Safety and issues using appropriate and effective techniques, equipment and materials.
- Maintain records of all safety training carried out on board and pass current summary listing to shore base BKK
Monitor and Maintain Pollution Control Measures.
- Unplanned discharges to the environment are identified, halted where possible, and reported according to policy,
- Procedure and regulation.
- Relevant PPE is used to deal with unplanned discharges using company procedures
- Equipment, waste or other materials for disposal are dealt with according to the correct procedure.
- Environmental protection and pollution control are enforced effectively with colleagues, subordinates and subcontractors.
- Knowledge: A diploma in safety engineering or equivalent with knowledge of technical and safety standards. Possess Professional Safety Office Certificate (จป วิชาชีพ)
- Experience: At least 5 years of relevant safety experience in the Oil and Gas industry
- Skills: Good communication skills in English, good trouble shooting, analytical and problem solving skills.
We offer an attractive salary and compensation & Benefits package to successful candidates Interested applicants please include full resume with qualifications, working experience, and current remuneration with expected salary, together with a recent photo. Please send your application along with CV in English and in Microsoft Word via APPLY NOW
SPIE Oil & Gas Services (Thailand) Ltd.