Resident Engineer Rotating Equipment – OFFSHORE (2 Positions)
EthosEnergy (Thailand) Limited
Rotation: 21 day/21 day
The Resident Engineer will engage in developing a robust preventative maintenance program for all aspects covered in the Gas Compressor Package with the remit to improve the availability and reliability of the offshore plant. The RE will further provide expertise, adopt best practice methods and where required undertake supervision of the plant maintenance and inspection teams.
Working closely with the customer maintenance teams the RE will provide mechanical and controls & BOP technical support offshore including fault analysis, testing, repair and/or replacement of components.
Transfer knowledge, train and develop local engineers.
- Provide continuous improvement program with respect to preventative maintenance planning with the objective to improve availability,
- Take primary responsibility for any failure analysis and improvement initiatives for all covered unit(s) related equipment,
- Diagnose issues with gas turbines, power turbines, gear boxes, accessories, luboil system, wet seal system, compressor, dry gas seals with support from engineering
- Lead calibration checks of field devices, engine bleed valves, IGV schedule and fuel schedule as part of routine and non-routine maintenance.
- Diagnose issues with CCC anti surge control, vibration and the operating envelope of the compressor package
- Make detailed work scope for each agreed outage.
- Conduct preliminary inspection upon receipt of part(s) and submit preliminary inspection reports
- Coordinates with and directs outside contractors/Project Manager as required to ensure completion of position responsibilities.
- Act as advisor for all instrumentation and control aspects of covered units.
- Provide summary diagnosis and repair/replace advice for Triconex, Rustronix Mark II turbine/compressor control, GE Mark V and Woodward Micronet control faults
- Reads meters, gauges, or automatic devices to record data such as temperature of equipment, vibration of equipment, hours of operation, pressure, and fluid levels, water chemistry to verify operating conditions.
- Keeps operators on shift fully informed of unusual conditions and current job progress as the job relates to facility operations.
- Visually inspects and tests equipment to detect malfunctions or need for repair, adjustment or lubrication.
- Uses facility operating procedures and equipment technical manuals to maintain and repair facility equipment and ensure equipment is operated within operating range.
- Provide recommendations for critical spare part inventory holding – control cards, valves, instruments and related gas package BOP
- Perform Boro-Scope inspections on gas engines – train local staff
- Visual surveillance on loads and/or heat bearing structures and surfaces surrounding equipment and machineries covered under the contract. Including air ducting, exhaust surfaces, enclosures, gratings, beams, rods etc.
- Act as a focal point for enquiries from coming from central turbomachinery team on Champion 7, which may include but not limited to data concerning reliabilities, availabilities and integrities.
- Advisor for logistics and inventory best practice including positive identification of parts i.e. labelling shelving, updating, ordering and returning unserviceable items.
- Project and/or major program responsibilities as assigned by the Project Director.
- Diagnoses cause of mechanical, electrical and operational malfunction or failure of equipment.
- Maintains service records and provides regular management & customer reports.
- Supervises and provides coaching and training to trainee staff.
- Reads, understands and complies with all regulatory and facility safety procedures.
- Work overtime, or irregular hours as needed to support reliable operation of the facility.
- Maintains the cleanliness of all areas of the plant.
- Knowledge of CCC anti-surge control and the operating envelope of the compressors
- 10 years 750 Bar Compressor experience or equivalent
- Proven understanding of associated controls systems and BOP of covered units
- A thorough & demonstrated understanding and working knowledge of offshore operations & maintenance functions with gas compressor packages, power turbines, gear boxes, accessories, luboil systems, wet seal oil system, compressor and dry gas seal.
- Capability to maintain gas compressor turbomachinery driven by industrial or aero derivative gas turbines.
- Thorough knowledge of industry standards and codes for rotating equipment engineering.
- Knowledge of vibration analysis for rotating equipment & predictive maintenance is desired.
- Capability to interpret fault codes and error messages and advise corrective actions for covered unit control systems eg: (Triconex, Rustronix Mark II, GE Mark V, Siemens Mark II, Woodward, Micronet, ROLLS ROYCE, SIEMENS, WOODWARD),
- Degree level Mechanical Engineering relevant qualification.
- Controls, Instruments and BOP education preferred,
- 10 years experience of gas engine families, LM1600, Siemens TB5000 Avon 200,
- Experience of supervising customer Mechanical and Controls Engineers.
- Experience of preparing quality customer reports.
- Proven experience of managing projects with a strong health and safety ethic.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English with a professional telephone manner. A relevant second language would be an advantage
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Proven track record in developing and maintaining highly effective working relationships cross culturally and across all nationalities
- Self-motivator, problem solver with an ability to manage conflict situations
- Proactive and very well organized with attention to detail and quality, able to interpret and process information from many sources
- High level of accuracy on interpretation and management of data and information
- Experienced in offshore work rotation shifts 30 days/30 days
- Ability to obtain Brunei offshore work permit
Human Resources Department
EthosEnergy (Thailand) Limited
Room B3201-2 Fl. 32, Suntowers Building-B,
123 Vibhavadee-Rangsit Rd., Jompol, Jatujak,
Bangkok 10900 Thailand
Tel. +66 (0) 2 617 6477 ext. 128
Interested person could send your CV/Resume via ‘Apply now’ button.
jobsDB จะส่ง ใบสมัครของคุณไปยัง EthosEnergy (Thailand) Limited
EthosEnergy (Thailand) Limited
EthosEnergy (Thailand) Ltd. provides independent integrated maintenance services for industrial gas turbines to power utilities, independent power producers and consolidated energy companies world-wide. Our in-depth experience and our extensive portfolio of repair and coating technologies for refurbishment of turbine and combustion components, give us the power to deliver world class industrial gas turbine solutions.
Through engineering development, and in-depth metallurgical analysis, EthosEnergy (Thailand) Ltd. has been able to offer repair solutions to the latest range of engine standards. Repeated power plant orders demonstrate the in-service durability and undoubted quality of the service from EthosEnergy (Thailand) Ltd. facility.
We are seeking the energetic and thinking out of the box candidates in the position………