G Adventures has been a world leader and innovator in sustainable adventure travel since 1990. We invite you to explore a world of tours infused with inspiration and excitement that will take you off the beaten track into the real heart of the destination. Our approach to travel provides small groups and independent travellers the opportunity to connect with nature and local cultures. The choices for travel are vast - from safaris and cultural treks to family vacations and exotic expeditions to places you have never even imagined, there is an adventure for everyone. If you share a lust of life and have the insatiable curiosity to travel and truly experience the world we live in, then join us and embark on a quest for the extraordinary. We are The Great Adventure People - welcome to our world of adventure travel!
Specialties adventure travel, travel, life experiences, life changing experiences, social media
Website http://www.gadventures.com Industry Leisure, Travel & Tourism
Regional Operations Manager - Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, SIngapore, Thailand
Purpose of the Position:
The Regional Operations Manager, Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand is accountable and responsible for the overall operational success of all G Adventures group,independent, custom and charter partner travel programs in Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand. Acting as a communications, information, content, and process link between head office, the local office, service suppliers, and tour leaders, this position is responsible for ensuring all parties involved are provided with information and support as necessary to provide excellent customer service in a cost effective manner. Furthermore, this position is responsible providing leadership for the organization's product operations functions including human resources, administrative services, operations,product review and development, safety measures, accounting, legal, policies and procedures, cost management and review, and driving the integration of the company’s core values and culture throughout the local operations infrastructure. As well, this position is responsible for managing passenger and staff emergencies and coordinating with all necessary parties to obtain thorough resolution.
- Leadership and development of staff in Bangkok Office.
- Overall customer service in Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand
- Ensuring regional Talent obligations are met.
- All regional tax obligations are met.
- Performance management of suppliers and staff.
- Internal communication and training on product development and changes.Communication bridge between Local Office, Suppliers, tour leaders, and Operations in Toronto
- Cost of Goods Management and Supplier negotiations for all tours.
- Product review, enhancement and development
- Critical Incident Management
- Continuous improvement and initiatives in regards to integration of systems and operational performance
- Continued development of G Adventures Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand.
- Development of Local Sales revenue streams
- Ensure that all development efforts of the office, staff, and product incorporate the quintuple bottom line philosophy: People, Planet, Profit, Passion, Purpose.
Resources Controlled –Direct & Indirect
- Human:total staff reporting to this position:TBD
Qualifications & Experience:
- 2+years experience in leadership role in the travel industry,and extensive travel in South East Asia.
- Experience with living overseas from country of origin.
- Office administration, problem solving and organizational skills and experience.
- Training experience
- Negotiating and contracting experience
- Advanced computer and strong Microsoft Office skills (advanced level).
- Ability to work with a diverse group of departments with sensitivity, recognising
- the demands of deadlines and schedules.
- Ability to manage a crisis and take responsibility for the safety of others.
- An understanding of and commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and writing ability.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage/lead day to day operations whilst achieving operational excellence.
- Driven and motivated by a fast-paced environment and have a willingness to learn and be challenged by continual professional development.
- Experience working with and developing sustainable tourism projects
- Accounting experience
- Experience in business development and revenue generation
We consider only English resume and please use "Apply Now" button