Program Officer 1 Position
The Japan Foundation, Bangkok
Number of vacancy: 1
Positions and fields: Program Officer
General affairs, accounting, and intellectual exchange projects
Duty station: Bangkok, Thailand
Expected start day: Sometime from October/November 2016
Type/Duration of contract: 1 – 3 year contract with the possibility of renewal
The Japan Foundation is Japan’s principal organization for promoting international cultural exchange. Opened in 1974, the Japan Foundation, Bangkok (hereinafter called “JFBKK”) has been enthusiastically implementing a diverse range of cultural activities including art, culture and society, and coordinating various programs supporting Japanese language education and Japan studies, in cooperation with the Thai fellow counterparts.
We are looking for Program Officer who is in charge of following tasks (but not limited) under their superiors.
- Administrative works for general affairs, facility management, and assisting accounting tasks for a Japanese manager
- Supervising a Thai administrative staff for the operation of the above tasks
- Coordination for the smooth running of various programs/projects mainly related to Japan studies and intellectual exchange Other occasional tasks assigned by superiors
- Age less than 35 with Thai nationality
- Holding a bachelor degree in relevant field
- Holding a master degree in relevant field is an advantage
- An excellent linguistic ability in Thai
- A strong command of English (equivalent to IELTS 6.5 or TOEIC 750)or Japanese (equivalent to JLPT N1 or Level 1)
- Over 5-year working experience in relevant field (general affairs, office management, etc.)
- Strong and enthusiastic interest in Japanese arts and culture
- Relevant interest in academic research in the field of intellectual affairs
- Excellent computer skills and web literacy
- Good team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills to diplomatically handle sensitive situations with fellow partners and cultivate productive relationships
- A good attitude to warmly welcoming guests
[Working days] (Basically) Monday to Friday
[Working hours] 9:00 to 17:00
[Basic Salary] 28,000 - 30,000 Baht
(Negotiation acceptable with a modest scale)
[Benefit] Commutation allowance, a social/health insurance, etc.
Annual leave (upon the regulation of JFBKK)
How to apply:
Please send the following documents, by mail or E-mail to us by Friday 21 October 2016. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and written examination.
- One short essay on your motivation to apply
(up to 2 pages of A4 papers in English or Japanese)
- CV (in English or Japanese)
- Copy of ID card or passport
- Copies of certification of completion of relevant degree(s)
- One photograph of the face (4 x 6 cm, recently taken one)
- Copies of documents to certify the level of foreign language(s) (if any)
Attention: Mr. Wathana Onpanich / Mr. Norihiko Yoshioka
Address: The Japan Foundation, Bangkok
10th Fl. Serm-Mit Tower, 159 Sukhumvit 21 Rd., Bangkok 10110 Thailand
jobsDB จะส่ง ใบสมัครของคุณไปยัง The Japan Foundation, Bangkok
The Japan Foundation, Bangkok
The Japan Foundation is Japan’s principal organization for promoting international cultural exchange. Opened in 1974, the Japan Foundation, Bangkok (hereinafter called “JFBKK”) has been enthusiastically implementing a diverse range of cultural activities including art, culture and society, and coordinating various programs supporting Japanese language education and Japanese studies, in cooperation with the Thai counterparts.
We are looking for an Assistant Program Officer whose task is mainly (but not limited) in the field of Arts & Culture to plan and coordinate such cultural events mentioned above, as well as to ensure the smooth running of the various programs and projects of JFBKK.