Webster University Thailand is a fully accredited American University and an international campus of Webster University with campuses in USA and Europe. Due to expansion, we are looking for qualified candidates to fill these positions:
Program Coordinator for Computer Science
Dept. or Office: School of Business and Technology
A Global American university in Thailand.
Webster University Thailand is an extended international campus of Webster University based in St. Louis, Missouri in the US, which is the only Tier 1, private, non-profit university with campus locations around the world.
In 100 years, Webster University has grown to become a leading light in higher education, ranked by USA News & World Report as one of the top among universities across the US for its international campus program.
The Program Coordinator for Computer Science will report directly to the Head of Department (HoD) of the School of Business and Technology, and will be responsible for the day-to-day managing and administration of the Computer Science program.The Coordinator will also be expected to produce research for the program. This position is based at the Bangkok Academic Center
Responsibilities & Duties
- Will be required to teach seven (7) courses in one academic/contract year
- Must be actively involved in producing research
- Prepare Project proposals and organize events (guest lectures, field trips, clubs, and extracurricular developmental activities) as per the department’s annual plans.
- Prepare course schedules and assign faculty as per deadlines set by the Site Registrar.
- Assist HoD in faculty hiring process
- Ensure book ordering for each semester/term is done as per deadlines
- Ensure all required paperwork is completed as per set deadlines.
- Act as main academic advisor to students in the department.
- Ensure other faculty members in the department are trained and serving as academic advisors.
- Ensure students have required information to plan their graduation.
- Assist new incoming transfer students pre-register for classes. (requests for advise may be forwarded by Admissions counselors)
- Provide Site Registrar /Office of Academic Affairs with the required support to plan course schedules as per requirements of the students in the program.
- Help new faculty get access to materials/resources required for teaching, advising etc.
- Review all course syllabi before the beginning of a semester/term and provide feedback to faculty members. Submit approved syllabi to Office of Academic Affairs for filing purposes.
- Review all course evaluations and discuss with individual faculty members.
- Attend end of term exam review with external panel, and pass on recommendations to faculty members in department. Ensure recommendations are followed.
- Ensure faculty adherence to academic calendar including exam schedules.
- Help HoD write recommendations for contract renewal/non-renewal.
- Help to organize short courses, programs etc. as requested.
- Help with marketing and recruiting activities for the department as requested.
- Provide support to other departments, during regular operations or during special events as requested
Requirements – Education and experience
- A PhD in Computer Science
- At least 5 years of Academic/Teaching and Academic Administration Experience
- Must have published/done research in the field of computer science in the past 5 years.
- IT Industry experience will be an advantage
We are currently looking for an individual who has strong job commitment, enthusiastic, self confident and hardworking. If you think you are the person we are looking for and would like to be part of Webster University’s rich multicultural team, send your CV with cover letter via APPLY NOW or please contact:
Webster University Thailand
Human Resource Department
143 Moo 5, Tambon Sampraya, Cha-am, Phetchaburi 76120, Thailand
Phone:+66-(0)-32-456-161 (up to) 7 Ext. 102