Procurement & Admin Analyst
Department: Bangkok Regional Hub/RBAP
Reports to: Management Specialist – Head, Transactional Support Team
Duty Station: Bangkok, Thailand
Closing Date: 18 November 2016
- Effective delivery of procurement and administrative services, consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
Reporting structure and partners
Reports to Head, Transactional Support Team, BRH;6 direct reports at present. Works in close collaboration with the management, TST and MAST teams in the Regional Hub, UNDP Thailand CO and with UNDP HQs staff to successfully deliver procurement and administrative services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Ensures elaboration and implementation of operational strategies, through:
- Full compliance of procurement activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control, proper design and functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system.
- Regional Hub Procurement business processes mapping and elaboration/establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in Procurement, control of the workflows in the Procurement and Admin Services Unit.
- Monitor and review provision of Procurement services to ensure timeliness of delivery and identify lessons learned for improved efficiency and effectiveness
- Analysis of requirements and synthesis of proposals for cost saving and reduction strategies, specifically through business travel and consolidation of procurement actions.
- Development and implementation of the strategic procurement in the Regional Hub including sourcing strategy, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management, customer relationship management, e-procurement introduction and promotion, performance measurement.
- Liaise with UNDP’s global procurement hubs to coordinate large or complex procurement actions so as to leverage economies of scale and to reduce delivery time for goods.
Manages and guides procurement processes for NIM/DIM projects and at the request of other Agencies through:
- Coordinate preparation of procurement plans for the Hub and Thailand Country Office and projects and monitoring of their implementation through corporate platforms.
- Implementation of automated business processes such as electronic tendering using People Soft ERP.
- Implement procurement processes including organization of RFQ, ITB, RFP or LTA, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulation.
- Review submissions to UNDP’s Procurement Review Committees.
- Implementation of the internal control system which ensures that Purchase orders are duly prepared and dispatched. Timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems. Ensure year-end closing procedures with respect to Procurement functions are implemented.
- Preparation of cost-recovery bills in Atlas for procurement services provided by UNDP to other Agencies.
- Coordinate inter-Agency procurement actions with United Nations Agencies in Thailand, as directed by management team.
Ensures provision of efficient administrative, logistics and registry services and supervision of Administrative Services Unit, through:
- Efficient and effective management of Office premises/facilities, management of space allocation, registry, document management, electronic filing and travel.
- Coordination with UNESCAP units to ensure UNDP facilities are maintained
- Oversight of BRH and Thailand CO assets control and management, including plan and supervision of asset verification.
- Liaison with Ministry of Foreign Affairs to ensure required protocol services are available to UNDP and International Staff members.
- Coordinate support services for managing regional and country events as well as visit of high level UN officials to Thailand with appropriate authorities in Thailand.
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the Regional Hub through:
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on Procurement and Operations.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in Procurement and Operations.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration or Supply Chain Management or related field is required.
- Minimum two years of experience in the field procurement, sourcing, supply chain management and/or logistics at the national or international level is required;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advance knowledge of web based management systems;
- Level 3 certification of CIPS or equivalent is required;
- Experience working for international organization/corporation is desirable and in dealing with international bidding companies is required.
- Fluency in English and Thai is required.
Interested candidates should submit applications online with UN Personal History Form (P11) by
18 November 2016 at:
This position is open for Thai nationals only.
Only short listed candidates will be notified.