Operational Risk Management - Vice President
Citibank , N.A.
- Provide the In-Country leadership for all aspects of the ORM responsibilities
- Support Product Risk oversight across AP for assigned product at Regional Level including:
- Product Approval
- Identify emerging risks and recommend actions to Regional Product Head
- Analyze internal and external product risk environment and recommend solutions when is required to the Regional Product Head.
- Interact with global ORM product specialist providing feedback and supporting on global initiatives.
- Lead regional product related deep dives / projects
- Provide feedback on MCA effectiveness
- Provide guidance and feedback Managers’ Control Assessment (MCA) through training and Challenge and Validation process at country level.
Determine the current state of controls readiness in the country, establish and chair, a controls management process that includes representation from all related functions e.g. Operational Risk, O&T Risk Management, Finance, Compliance, IA. Discuss and identify the top franchise concerns/issues through CMC forum.
- Run Business Risk Control Committee meetings on a quarterly basis, provide transparency on a continuous and consolidated basis for significant Compliance and Control reporting
- Proactively monitor current and emerging global, regional, local risks impacting the country and make recommendations to the businesses and control functions, assisting with implementation.
- Continually focus on improving processes that offer operational and productivity efficiencies and proactively engage with businesses to assess their risk and control environments.
- Work with the businesses, regional management and ORM when operational losses arise to understand the root causes and implement process changes to avoid re-occurrence.
- Interact with local regulators and specialized forums to proactively understand and address requirements and provide feedback.
- Drive Risk Culture by supporting the structured program to strengthen first line risk identification and drive sustainable actions.
- Deployment of Conduct Risk jointly with Compliance.
- Drive Sustainability of corrective actions - Event Response – Enhanced oversight, challenge by 2nd Line of Defense
The ideal candidate will have strong leadership and communication skills, in-depth detailed knowledge on a Cards product and processes, and robust understanding of local business practices and associated regulatory requirements. Prior experience in previous roles may include but not limited to Front/Middle/Back Office, Operations, Compliance, Audit and Risk Management with an strong knowledge on consumer banking business.
To qualify for this position, individuals must have a minimum of 10 years of experience in risk advisory, operational risk, and/or internal control related functions within the banking sector.
Specific Risk Experience:
Strong analytical skills applicable across different businesses, products and customer classes.
- Well versed in breaking down complex matters into core issues and root causes that can be more readily addressed.
- Able to eliminate chaos and confusion. Prioritizes high impact potential problems effectively.
- Innovative. Well versed in developing new ideas and improving current processes.
- Has led and/or successfully influenced cross-functional and/or geographically diverse initiatives.
Considers broad implications of decisions on different functions and units.
- Can clearly articulate the processes supporting a business unit’s function, controls, business priorities, impact on financial reporting, issues and risks associated with the IT infrastructure; understands limitations, can identify gaps and proactively help develop solutions.
Experience in Operational Risk with knowledge of credit risk and/or market risk a plus.
Familiarity with a wide range of businesses; understands capital markets and retail products.
Strong Leadership Skills:
Provides leadership in optimization and efficiencies in control practices for the business as well as the resolution of cross business issues. Engages business and functional managers to mitigate risks.
Thinks strategically and articulates concepts clearly.
Focuses and guides the priorities of others. Makes well-reasoned decisions under pressure.
Experienced negotiator - able to identify and influence key decision makers across various levels and functions within the organization; diffuse conflict and work toward agreement.
Acts as a leader with an understanding and appreciation for diverse backgrounds.
Excellent Communication Skills:
Both verbal and written.
Experienced in using active listening techniques on a consistent basis.
Strong Presentation skills – comfortable with public speaking across various forums and be able to effectively and logically communicate when ideas are being challenged in an open forum.
Client Relationships/Business Partnerships:
Navigates organizational complexity; demonstrates organizational savvy.
Builds partnerships across functions and regions; collaborates well with others.
Networks regularly and builds relationships across Risk disciplines and with businesses.
jobsDB จะส่ง ใบสมัครของคุณไปยัง Citibank , N.A.
Citibank , N.A.
With almost 200 years of rich legacy with more than 100 countries coverage worldwide, Citi is recognized as one of the top world financial institutions nowadays.
It cannot be deniable that "Citi World's Best Team" where all high potential and talented colleagues heading to the single unite goal is definitely major component that uplifts our great reputation.
Therefore, the opportunity to be part of Citi World's Best Team is opening up for all of you. If you love to enjoy yourselves with challenging assignment and world-class system. Do not hesitate to grasp this opportunity as we are waiting for "Professional" like you to be part of our team.