Armed Forces Research Institute
Myanmar Country Director
POSITION: Myanmar Country Director (1600-05)
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
OPEN TO: Burmese who have a resident in Myanmar only
CLOSING DATE: 15 November 2016
SALARY RANGE: N/A
The Department of Immunology and Medicine (IMM), Armed Forces Research Institute of Medical Sciences (AFRIMS) is seeking an individual for the position of Myanmar Country Director under the Cooperative Agreement (CA).
AFRIMS requires a country level program leader to provide overall leadership and program management for all IMM research, surveillance and public health engagements in Myanmar. The incumbent will serve as central point of coordination for all AFRIMS Myanmar activities, identifying country needs and matching to AFRIMS and greater Department of Defense (DoD) health capabilities, coordinating AFRIMS’ activities with other United States Government (USG) health stakeholders to reduce duplication, and ensure efficient execution of USG resources. The incumbent will gather and analyze key information and maintain collaborative working relationship with the Ministry of Health, donors, foundations, multilateral institutions, international and local NGOs, private sector entities and ethnic health organizations and provide management oversight of US DoD malaria projects in Burma’s military health system with emphasis on strengthening research collaboration, surveillance capacity, case management and prevention activities.
- Doctorate of Medicine Degree with Masters' degree in Public Health, Health Sciences or related field
- Over 12 years' experience on public health program development with specific expertise and familiarity with the health systems of the Ministry of Health in Myanmar
- At least 3 years direct experience implementing United States Government health related programs, at least two of which working with malaria specific activities
- Licensed or registered with national Myanmar medical authorities, with at least 3 years' experience delivering clinical care in Myanmar
- To ensure successful integration with existing Myanmar Health lines of effort, direct experience with WHO and/or Global Fund for AIDS, TB and malaria related programs
- Must have excellent command of English (Level 4) to include reading, writing and speaking (TOEIC score of at least 855.)
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- The candidate must be able to obtain and hold medical and security clearances.
- The candidate must submit all the required documents as requested.
- Current employees serving a probation period are not eligible to apply.
SUBMIT APPLICATION BY EMAIL TO:
Human Resources Office
315/6 Rajvithi Road, Bangkok 10400