Manager, Media (Bangkok)
General Motors (Thailand) Ltd.
- Managing the media spend, including media buying and planning initiatives Chevrolet Thailand,
- Managing the Media Agency, Carat
- Ensure we have a strong Media Agency team, resulting in breakthrough, efficient and effective
- media deals. Identify unique media buying opportunities. Make decisions regarding spending levels and placement tactics.
- Pursue significant business opportunities and added-value programs via media partnerships. Infuse the media program with innovation and strategic vision.
- Manage media budgets and execution of authorized plans, purchase orders and media payments. Approve advertising billing and invoices for payment. Communicate with agencies and outside vendors for billing issues and dispute resolution.
- Maintain accurate spending forecasts and update as needed; manage all activity for media budget tracking.
- Foster productive relationships with media buying firms, agency creative/account/traffic groups, internal brand teams and cross-functional partners, as well as sales representatives from key media outlets
- Marketing management on development of media policies to ensure maximum effectiveness. Work with Market Research, agencies and brand teams to optimize return on investment for media planning and advertising management.
- Monitor the media marketplace to stay abreast of trends, identify opportunities and emerging issues, and understand new technologies and consumer reaction.
- Manage the media planning and media buying processes, including identifying or maximizing strong marketing opportunities with other managers in PR, Online Marketing, Consumer Promotions and Retailer Co-Marketing.
- Build annual media plans and make subsequent plan revisions for multiple brands, marketing programs and new initiatives.
- Provide significant input into all media mix discussions and analysis.
- Manage media agencies in the development and execution of media plans, from recommended purchase through post analysis. Act as primary contact with media agencies: manage day-to-day relationship and supervise their work.
- Analyze results of media efforts and develop measures of success. Ensure programs result in highest possible levels of business benefit.
- Develop and coordinate breakthrough, integrated programs across advertising disciplines and deliver excellent executions through our advertising and media agencies. Supervise TV, Print and other media planning, buying and scheduling.
- Oversee all media vendor relationships, media negotiations, and contractual agreements, partnering with other managers where appropriate – via Media Agency.
- Develop best practices for media planning and buying processes, competitive media analysis, media cost and performance benchmarks, and media effectiveness. Provide tools and training to ensure brand teams and agencies apply best practices. Set and monitor media cost and performance benchmarks with agencies.
- Devising plans for media buying, agency placement of ads, and ensures ad buying stays within budget
- Annual media planning, Monthly Tactical media planning, Social Media – paid programs
- Designing a connected strategy between Tier 1 Brand Media and Tier 3 dealer media to make sure we have connected media programs
- Increasing Brand Opinion
- Generating Leads from media
- Bachelor or Master degree in Marketing, Business, or Communications; or commensurate experience.
- 8 – 10yrs experience in Media, and 5+ yrs of agency management experience.
- Must be willing to work in a Player/Coach role.
- Polished presentation and interpersonal skills. Must possess Top level business management, interpersonal, and facilitation skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Creative problem-solving and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to embrace and respect the team culture approach.
- Media buying experience – TV, print, radio, OOH, Digital
- Multi country and multi-language experience
- Highly accomplished in modern marketing principals.
- Understand and be able to forecast market trends.
- Knowledge of budget management.
- Knowledge of media outlets and the audiences they reach.
- Understand buyer perspectives and the buying circle.
- Understand the importance of the marketing mix.
- Understand that people see things differently and use this knowledge to create successful marketing messages that reach all kinds of people.
- Advertising: Must be expert and advocate on media buying, particularly around TV, Print, radio, OOH, search, Online advertising
- Strategic Agility - accurately anticipates future market trends as well as sees the big picture view in order to create successful marketing campaigns and communication strategies.
- Budget Management - manages and allocate a set budget to efficiently utilize resources and design marketing and communication programs.
- Time Management - efficiently manages and prioritize a number of simultaneously occurring activities such as working on market visibility programs, organizing media buys.
- Research - uses a variety of resources to remain on top of industry trends and topics to ensure optimal market visibility.
- Presentation - designs and implements high quality marketing presentations.
- Organization - tracks and manages a variety of pieces of information such as media buys, website visits, leads generated
- Collaborative - works together with team members to share and gain knowledge and ideas in order to more effectively manage and promote the GM brands
- Relationship Building- builds and maintains relationships in order to effectively communicate with vendors, internal team members, and regional/global teams
when you click apply, will go to GM career page please wait a minute
General Motors (Thailand) Ltd.
General Motors (Thailand) Ltd. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of General Motors Corporation, the world's largest automaker, has been the global industry sales leader for 77 years. Founded in 1908, GM today employs about 266,000 people around the world. With global headquarters in Detroit, GM manufactures its cars and trucks in 33 countries.
Established in 1993, General Motors Thailand has been operating as GM’s regional hub for vehicle production for both domestic sales and export for over ten years. General Motors Thailand manufacturing center in Rayong province is one of GM’s most advanced automotive facilities worldwide, producing world-class quality vehicles for GM and its affiliates under the names Chevrolet includes the Zafira MPV, the Optra Sedan and Estate, the Colorado pickups, the Aveo sub-compact and the latest addition, the Captiva SUV, all of which are distributed in Thailand through Chevrolet Sales Thailand’s over 100 outlets nationwide. Recently, General Motors annouced its 15 billion baht investment for its ASEAN's first GM Engine Plant in Thailand.
With the growing success of the General Motors (Thailand) Ltd. and the expansion of our manufacturing operations, General Motors is now offering more career opportunities for talented individuals. If you are looking for a long, rewarding career - join GM, worldwide employer with many opportunities around the world. More information on GM can be found at www.gmthailand.com