Thai National Mekong Committee Secretariat
Job Title: Librarian
Division: Administration Division
Report to: Director
Job Code: Job No. RP014.A/O
Date of verification (JD) : October 2016
Duty Station: Office of the Secretariat in Vientiane, Lao PDR
Job Summary / Job Statement:
The jobholder is responsible for the well functioning of the MRC’s Learning and Documentation Centres of the Secretariat in providing good library and documentation services to MRCS staff and visitors. S/he actively contributes to the information and knowledge management at the MRCS.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Division Director, the incumbent performs the following duties:
Management of the Learning and Documentation Centres
- Build a cooperation and link between the two Learning & Documentation Centres of OSV and OSP in term of technical and information sharing and also assist in the identification of needs and provide technical assistance to improve the two Centres;
- Develop a client feedback, procedures to monitor customers’ feedback on use of the Learning & Documentation Centres, and improve the services accordingly;
- Review and suggest new library technology to mobilize infrastructure for the Learning and Documentation Centres;
- Recommend new resources both in hard and soft copies to be acquired as part of the Learning & Documentation Centres’ collections;
- Oversee the assessment of the current MRCS volumes and journal collection and makes recommendations for improvement;
- Assess the current Library Automation System and makes recommendations for improvement;
- Oversee the distribution of publications both at the library and over the website;
Operating the Learning & Documentation Centre at OSV
- Assist library users at OSV by the provision of advice and guidance to help users find the information and resources they need in both printed and electronic format, and also suggest other useful and related resources;
- Encourage existing and prospective users to greater use of library materials by promoting, regularly displaying, informing new library materials arrival and current contents;
- Monitor shelving areas for neatness and accuracy and provide adequate shelving space for materials in collections;
- Organize and maintain library materials for easy access and use;
- Inventory library materials, maintain lost and found and report summary;
- Improve services to users by providing timely access to required documents, and seeking unavailable material from other sources where possible, e.g. request from other libraries, organizations, or search for free e-books;
- Ensure that established Learning Centre policies, procedures and lending rules are enforced. Revises policies and procedures as necessary;
Data, information and knowledge sharing and management
- Provide orientation / presentation to OSV staff and visitors with respect to utilization of library services;
- Accurately perform data entry of all documents into the library database in accordance with the MARC 21 Format for Bibliographic Data;
- Improve and maintain the MRCS document classification system;
- Keep abreast of new publications added to collection and regularly alert MRC staff of their availability;
- Develop reference services and tools to ensure adequate services and to maximize the utilization of collections;
- Contribute to the effective preservation of the archive and historical collection and assisting in the management of the archives;
- Ensure both electronic records and historical paper-based documents are updated and maintained in a secured library database and safe store room;
- Once funding has been secured, provide support to the establishment of a Knowledge Hub on Transboundary Water Resources Management within MRC.
- Provide content for the Learning & Documentation Centre’s webpage on MRC’s website and Intranet;
- Liaise closely with NMC and line agencies and other organization’s libraries for Learning Resources sharing;
- Develop publications exchange programmes with universities, NGOs and other international organisations;
- Liaise with Lao National Library obtaining ISBN/ISSN for all MRCS’ to-be-published publications;
- Work with TSD on providing the Publication in Print (CIP) Service for new MRCS’ publications;
- Liaise on a regular basis with the Librarian at the OSP;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Scope of Authority:
- Supervision requirements: The job holder technically guides the Librarian Assistant and supports the Division Director to supervise her/his work.
- Level of autonomy: Decision making follows defined procedures. The position does not administer a budget, yet has responsibility for ensuring the financial accountability of MRC.
- Level of problem solving required: Problem solving skill is expected and the incumbent must display sensitivity, initiative and creativity
- Level and type of communications required: Communications are wide, within and outside the organisation, and require considerable oral and written skills.
- A university degree (bachelor or higher) in library science, information science, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- TOEIC certificate with 600 points and over is required. An equivalent internationally recognized certificate or a university degree from an internationally recognized academic institution whose instruction is in English may also be considered.
- 7 years of work experience, performing in the field of library and archives management
The remuneration package, subject to change, includes (i) annual net base salary exempt from tax by Lao authorities, starting at US$ 33,440 (M-11, step I); (ii) MRC’s contribution to staff member’s Provident Fund of 14% of basic salary upon completion of 3 years in service; (iii) Contribution of MRC to Health and Accident insurances (on shared basis with employee); (iv) other entitlements and benefits such as dependency allowance, 6 weeks’ annual vacation; sick leave, maternity leave etc.
Non-resident staff members receive an additional (i) 7% of basic salary for Post Adjustment allowance; (ii) 7% of basic salary for Hardship allowance; (iii) Rental subsidy of 40% of the rent rate up to maximum of US$ 6,000 annual; (iv) Education Grant of 75% of max. expense of US$ 13,000; (v) Travel cost and Shipment expenses on assignment and upon separation; (vi) other entitlements and benefits such as Relocation Grant allowance, Home Leave Travel, Education Grant Travel, etc.
The duration of the assignment of MRC Riparian Professional Staff is up to maximum 6 years according to 1995 Mekong Agreement and Procedural Rules.
THE MRCS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO APPOINT A CANDIDATE AT A LEVEL LOWER THAN THE ADVERTIZED LEVEL OF THE POST.
- The Job Description is subject to revisions by the MRC.
The Job Descriptions and other information can be obtained from the MRC website http://www.mrcmekong.org/working-with-mrc/employment/ and https://www.facebook.com/Mekong-River-Commission-165798426775632/timeline/. MRC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Women are especially encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Only nationals of Cambodia, Lao PDR, Thailand and Vietnam are eligible to apply. The application, in a single PDF file, must include (i) a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the requirements of the position, (ii) a detailed CV, and (iii) MRC Personal History Form. The position title and section/division must be indicated in the cover letter. MRC offers challenging job with attractive compensation package.
Candidates must send his/her application via e-mail to the National Mekong Committee in the candidate’s home country as per details below with a copy to the MRCS via "Apply Now"
Cambodia National Mekong Committee
P.O.Box 623, 364 Monivong Blvd.,
Sangkat Phsar Doerm Thkouv, Khan Chamkar Mon, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Tel. (855-23) 216 514 Fax. (855-23) 218 506
Lao National Mekong Committee
Khunbulom Road, Chantabouly District, Vientiane, Lao PDR.
Tel. (856-21) 260 983 Fax. (856-21) 260 984
Thai National Mekong Committee
Department of Water Resources
180/3 Rama 6 Road, Soi Phibul Watana Building
Phayathai, Bangkok 10400 Thailand
Tel. (66-2) 271 6165, 271 6620
Fax. (66-2) 298 6605
Viet Nam National Mekong Committee
23 Hang Tre, Ha Noi, Viet Nam
Tel. (84-4) 825 4785 Fax. (84-4) 825 6929
jobsDB จะส่ง ใบสมัครของคุณไปยัง Thai National Mekong Committee Secretariat
Thai National Mekong Committee Secretariat
The Mekong River Commission
The Mekong River Commission (MRC) was established by the 1995 Agreement on Co-operation for the Sustainable Development of the Mekong River Basin, between the governments of Cambodia, Lao PDR, Thailand and Viet Nam. The role of the MRC is to coordinate and promote cooperation in all fields of sustainable development, utilization, management and conservation of the water and related resources of the Mekong River Basin.
The MRC Secretariat is the operational arm of the MRC. It provides technical and administrative services to the Joint Committee and the Council to achieve the MRC’s mission.
VISION for the Mekong River Basin:
An economically prosperous, socially just and environmentally sound Mekong River Basin
VISION for the Mekong River Commission:
A world class, financially secure, International River Basin Organisation serving the Mekong countries to achieve the basin Vision
MISSION of the Mekong River Commission
To promote and coordinate sustainable management and development of water and related resources for the countries' mutual benefit and the people's well-being
- Mutual respect
- Results orientation