Big Wednesday Digital
Global eCommerce leader based in Asia
Junior Language Specialist - Traditional Chinese -- TH-Bangkok
Junior Language Specialist - Traditional Chinese - HK Cantonese - TH-Bangkok
PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE IS BASED IN BANGKOK! You must be willing to relocate to Thailand if you are interested in this role. Full relocation assistance and visa sponsorship is provided.
Our client is a leading Asia-based, online hotel reservations company, which specialises in securing the lowest discount hotel prices. Their network includes more than 250,000 hotels worldwide. A multinational team of more than 1,200 professionals, located throughout the world, provides a first-rate reservation service in 38 languages that uniquely combines local knowledge and local connections to provide the best hotel deals to both business and leisure travellers.
Our client's Product Development Department is looking for a Junior Language Specialist, to take ownership of website content in your native-level language to provide a great experience to local audience. In this role you will be responsible for content translations, localisation ideas, making recommendations for the overall look and feel of products.
In addition you will work on targeted strategies to increase the company's brand visibility and optimise marketing efforts in Hong Kong. The Junior Language Specialist will report to our Foreign Language Operations Manager.
This position is based in Bangkok, Thailand.
- Maintain quality of website content translation/localisation
- Provide localisation ideas and add a linguistic perspective to development
- Translate English content (site updates, hotel content, press releases, travel articles, promotional emails and newsletters) closely following company brand and language guidelines
- Recruit, manage and supervise freelancers
- Ensure freelance translations meet required quality standards
- Conduct website reviews for inconsistencies and localisation issues
- Analyse language specific data to optimise website and campaign performance
- Conduct marketing activities to increase visibility of the company and website traffic within the target market
- Assist with interdepartmental requests
- Ad-hoc administrative duties
- Native Speaker of HK-Cantonese only, with excellent writing skills
- University or College Degree
- At least 2 years full-time work experience
- Good English skills and translation skills
- Good internet knowledge and comfortable with research
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Able to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Excel and basic HTML knowledge is a plus
- Travel industry experience is a plus
- A good team player with an excellent eye for detail who takes initiative to make things better
- PLEASE NOTE: We will only review applications submitted with an English CV
Send us your CV for immediate consideration