IT System Administrator (Mae Sot, Tak)
Mahidol-Oxford Research Unit,
SMRU is a field station of the faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand, and is part of the Mahidol-Oxford Research Unit (MORU) supported by the Wellcome Trust (UK).
The main objective of SMRU is to provide quality health care to the marginalized populations living on both sides of the Thai-Myanmar border in the Mae Sot area, Tak Province. This is achieved by the dual activities of research and humanitarian services, with an emphasis on maternal-child health and infectious diseases.
This combination of health care and research makes SMRU unique. The research agenda is driven by the questions we face in our clinical practice and whether clinical or laboratory based, our studies are designed to be of relevance to the population we serve
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage backups (making, restoring and testing).
- Preparation of yearly backup schedule for backup tape labels.
- Verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-malware scans and intrusion detection.
- Maintain and monitorfirewallsand proxies.
- Monitor computer and virus alerts and quickly notify all staff of any viruses that may cause potential damage to computer hardware/ software or data files.
- Ensure latest updates of standard software are used and latest Windows updates are installed.
- Monitor the performance of computer systems/networks and coordinate computer network access and usage.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs.
- Fix computers, monitors, network and printers.
- Locate and fix the problems.
- Advice, support, takeover the Help Desk Specialist.
- Support SMRU staff and maintain business applications and domain/active directory.
- Maintain Windows Servers (AD, DHCP, DNS, file/print services, WSUS).
- Manage NTFS folder/file permissions.
- Manage email and email accounts.
- Manage Windows deployment images.
- Manage NAS (Network Attached Storage).
- Recommend changes to improve systems and network configurations and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
- Provide regular maintenance of computers, cleaning, defragmenting, etc.
- Work in conjunction with the IT Manager in testing of new software or systems prior to deployment.
- Fix software problems on Linux, Mac and Windows platforms.
- Identify new IT skills to be learned.
- Provide technical documentation of network/software installation and configuration.
- Keep up to date with and recommend new technologies to IT Manager.
- Research and recommend innovative and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Evaluate the quality of services of office Internet Service Providers (ISP’s) and conduct semi-annual evaluations to determine the appropriate level of service based on the number of users per office.
- Assist new staff members to be familiar with SMRU office network systems, protocols and policies.
- Other duties delegated by IT Manager
- AD, DHCP, DNS, file/print services, TCP/IP networks
- Batch, PowerShell, Shell scripting
- Email (POP3, IMAP)
- Firewalls, intrusion detection, proxies
- Linux, Mac, Windows
- NTFS folder/file permissions
- Symantec Backup Exec or similar
- Symantec Endpoint Protection or similar
- Virtualization technologies
- Windows 7, 8, 10, Server
- WSUS (Windows Server Update Services)
- BA in IT or equivalent technical college diploma
- 3-5 years in administer of domain network and system / IT industry experience in system and network support. MCSA or MCSE Certification preferred
- Good English. Good interpersonal skills, training, coaching experience
- Good at troubleshooting and able to come up with solutions
- Willing to learn new skills
- Able to think outside the box
- Attention to details
- Good command in English, Karen, Thai
- Professional attitude
- Self-motivated, pro-active and initiative
Interested persons should e-mail a resume to HR Manager
SMRU 68/30 Ban Tung Road, Mae Sot, Tak Province 63110
Phone: 055-545021 , Fax: 055-545020
jobsDB จะส่ง ใบสมัครของคุณไปยัง Mahidol-Oxford Research Unit,
Mahidol-Oxford Research Unit,
Mahidol-Oxford Tropical Medicine Research Unit (MORU) is a medical research collaboration between the Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University, the University of Oxford, and the Wellcome Trust (UK). Our main research interests are the epidemiology, diagnosis, pathophysiology and treatment of malaria, scrub typhus, melioidosis, leptospirosis and other tropical infections which impose a substantial disease burden on rural populations throughout this populous region. MORU is looking for enthusiastic people to join our team.