Werum IT Solutions Ltd.
Incident Manager of Service Desk
IT Systems Support: A chance to learn and work in a unique, global and rapidly growing business supporting IT systems that improve Pharmaceutical manufacturing quality and efficiency.
The Incident Manager of the Werum Asia Service Desk is responsible for managing and monitoring the day to day activities of the Service Desk. The Service Desk team’s ongoing work provides maintenance and support services for our PAS-X Manufacturing Execution System (MES) customers, mostly Pharmaceutical and Biotech firms who have implemented our MES software in the Asia region.
The Service Desk team handle tickets, calls and emails related to questions or issues raised during the operational use of the MES in Pharmaceutical production factories, this is a critical service area for Werum Asia and we maintain correct response times and highest service quality as the MES is a trusted IT system for the usual running of our client’s operation. It is a challenging and dynamic role as every customer and case is different! the Service Desk team requires a full time experienced Service Desk manager to ensure smooth running of the processes, correct handling of procedures and escalations and overall effective staff management.
The key objective for the Incident Manager of Service Desk is that our services must be provided to the highest professional level, meet the work demand and perform the overall tasks in a defined timely manner. As the nature of the work is to provide support services for production factories then the business hours include handling multiple shifts and time zones. For this role a manager who can demonstrate a track record of dealing with teams performing critical IT systems support is required, and as Werum is an international company then fluency in English is required.
Scope of the Role
- To assist and Manage team members within the Service Desk operations unit to deliver all products and services within the timely manner.
- To create SLAs in consultation with management and department’s heads/end users to establish problem resolution expectations and timeframes. Ensure SLA’s are followed throughout service desk processes.
- To analyze performance of Service Desk team activities and documented resolutions, identify problem areas, devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service to prevent future problems. This includes future resource capacity planning.
- To plan and conduct performance appraisals of Service Desk team, administer disciplinary action, raises, and promotions when necessary.
- To be an escalation point for the team having the ability to find root cause, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions, leveraging resources to aid in problem resolution
- To do alignment of local/regional service desk policy and procedures with global service desk.
- To manage the day-to-day activities for the team members that report to the Incident Manager.
- To provide problem analysis advice and business process guidance where requested and give recommendations to clients and internal teams as appropriate
- Create, update and enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures
- To provide technical and product advice and guidance as appropriate to less experienced team members.
- To actively develop team members and team capability and resources.
- Age 30 – 40.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Information Technology or applicable related education/knowledge
- At least 5 years of direct experience as a Service Desk Manager / Project Manager for critical IT systems
- Able to work under pressure and deliver under tight deadlines
- Excellent communications skills in Thai and English both oral and written, interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Able to provide feedback to the team to motivate and provide performance excellence both as a team and individually
- Able to manage multiple on-going service desk tickets simultaneously
- Strong customer focus with a desire to deliver a high quality service
- Desire to continuously learn and improve skills and knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build solid relationships with clients
- Good team player but able to work independently
- Detail-oriented with a high personal work standard to achieve excellence
- Must be willing to accommodate flexible work schedule, which includes working before/after hours as well as weekends for situations that require special attention.
- Be able to follow through commitments and understand the importance of deadlines
- Have a good understanding of Service Desk, management methodology and/or PMI Certifications
- Have good knowledge in MES solutions as a Senior technical Consultant / Engineer and/or with other business process focused software (e.g. ERP / LIMS)
- Have a good knowledge of the regulatory requirements and related technology and standards (ITIL, PICS, GAMP, Process Control, S88/S95)
We provide a competitive salary; in addition to salary we offer an excellent benefits, remuneration and chance to develop within an international organisation, details upon application.