HV Electrical Engineer - Resident Engineer in Laos
TRACTEBEL ENGINEERING GDF SUEZ
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering, or related fields from an accredited university; Master Degree is an advantage.
- Minimum 10 years of experience. A minimum 2 years of experience in construction site management or supervision are preferred especially in HV lines.
- Experience in design and/or construction supervision of HV lines (230 kV and 500 kV) is required.
- Experience in design; or design review, of relevant electrical equipment, instrumentation and control, switchyard is an advantage.
- Experience in hydropower plant is an advantage
- Very good command in English, both verbal and written skills (shall be able to write technical reports and Minute of Meeting in English)
- Knowledge of engineering and management software such as AUTOCAD, MS-Project, or other relevant engineering software.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary team and independently as required.
- Fluent in Thai or Lao is an advantage.
Scope of Responsibilities:
On site, the person will have two main roles: 1) Electrical Engineer, and 2) provides assistance to the Chief Resident Engineer, in the position of Owner’s Engineer,for the review of design and monitoring of installation of electrical equipment of a hydropower plant (resident in Laos):
- Monitor the construction progress according to the target schedule.
- Check and approve the works performed by the Contractor (compliance with specifications and design).
- Assistance to the construction supervision during the erection of HV lines, electrical equipment, instrumentation and control, switch yard, and connection to substations.
- Assistance in the organization and supervision of commissioning tests.
- Assist the design team to approve the modifications in the design proposed by the contractor.
- Assist and directly report to the Chief Resident Engineer (CRE).
- Assist the approval of the invoices issued by the Contractor.
- Assist the management of the claims issued by the Contractor.
- Assist the construction schedule update.
- Assist the preparation of as-build drawings and completion Report.
- Prepare the draft Minutes of Meetings.
- Liaise with the head offices in Bangkok and France (Paris).
- The working environment will be International.
- The work is to be performed at construction site (Laos).
- The assignment on site will last 2 years.
- Possibility to integrate the Consultant’s team in Bangkok at the end of this period.
Description of Projects:
- Hydro Power Plant (410 MW) in the southern part of Lao PDR
Tractebel Engineering Ltd. offers an attractive remuneration package with high level trainings and opportunities for overseas business travel.
Be part of a pioneering team in one of the world’s most renowned energy companies.
If you are a fast learner, a good team player, and looking for a challenge that offers high potential for advancement, please send a comprehensive resume detailing education, work experience, references, salary requirements, and a recent photo via APPLY NOW
142 Sukhumvit Road, Kwaeng Klongtoey
Khet Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110
Tel +662 118 7200 - fax +662 118 7299
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
jobsDB จะส่ง ใบสมัครของคุณไปยัง TRACTEBEL ENGINEERING GDF SUEZ
TRACTEBEL ENGINEERING GDF SUEZ
Tractebel Engineering,is one major engineering company with about 4,400 employees around the world and provides high quality, state-of-the-art engineering consultancy services for the energy, water and infrastructure sectors.
Since 2010, Tractebel Engineering has established a Bangkok based hub for the development of projects in the ASEAN region (overseeing branches in the Philippines and in Indonesia). With a steadily growing team of over 55 experts in the region, based on a good mix of expatriates and strong local competences, the company primarily covers engineering services for hydropower, renewable, thermal power, Gas & LNG and T&D.
As Project Manager in Hydropower projects, you will be involved in engineering studies, Owner’s Engineer missions, and/or technical assistance to owners/developpers assignments. Your projects will ne regional (Laos, Philippines, Malaysia, Myanmar) with short term missions possible. You will work in close collaboration with Tractebel Engineer’s Hydropower community, especially world-renowned TE French and Germany offices (Coyne et Bellier / Lahmeyer International).
Tractebel Engineering Ltd. is now established in the heart of Bangkok (Two Pacific Tower, Nana BTS station).
This office is offering services in Thailand and all over South East Asia.
To follow the expansion of our engineering activities we are now seeking talented and motivated staff to join our team.