Head of Legal
Novartis (Thailand) Limited
Head of Legal is responsible for providing strategic advice in all legal matters that are relevant to business in Thailand. He/she is responsible for all legal matters supporting Corporate, Divisions, Business Units and Functions aligned with local laws and regulations and company policies
- Oversee, implement, enforce and act ensuring legal compliance by protecting the legal interests and maintaining its operations within the scope established by law. Provide hands-on counsel to all levels of management.
- Provide the legal advice in (and for ensuring the legal sufficiency of) all matters that are relevant to Corporate, Divisions, Business Units and Functions in all areas e.g. contracts, intellectual property, product liability, privacy data, trade secret, computer crime, litigation, labor issues and other related matters/documents.
- Ensure that Country President, CFO, Division Heads, BU/Function Heads and other Managers are kept abreast of relevant legal developments and issues related to business development, taxation, labour, intellectual property, corporate governance, contracting etc.
- Limit country litigation risk exposure, including risks derived from clinical issues, business activities, and labor issues, working closely with executives across all Divisions, Business Units and Functions including Regional and Global Units
- Manage legal housekeeping (archiving of contracts, minutes of the Boards and Shareholder Meetings etc.) in line with Global and Regional Legal Units.
- Manage Legal budget (where applicable) and external law firms. Build strong relationships with outside counsels and manage and supervises tasks assigned to outside counsels.
- Oversee and co-ordinate with the contact legal counsel ensuring the effectiveness of its services in terms of quality and cost effective.
- Draft of all kinds of contracts, legal SOP and other related documents. Implement Contract Management Procedure and maintain validity and enforcement.
- Analyze a broad range of complex laws and regulations affecting the entities. Draft and review policies and procedures, bylaws, resolutions and other documents related to local governance, regulatory compliance and internal policies.
- Represent the group company’s interests in litigation matters. Negotiate, supervise or provide advice regarding negotiation of settlements of legal issues and transactions and taking a proactive stance in risk management.
- The Company secretary role includes the organization of the Board and General Shareholders Meetings, liaise with the external government organization, NGOs, registration with the relevant authorities, compliance with internal policy as well as MALs.
- Ensure communication and implementation of the BPO process. Support investigations of alleged misconduct based on allocation of responsibility by the BPO. Support country management in proposing and implementing sanctions relating to BPO cases for consistency of sanctions.
- Act as Country Data Protection Officer:
- University degree in Law
- +10 years experience in Legal management/ Lawyer in corporate company (MNC is preferable)
- English and Thai language proficiency
- Strong leadership, communication skills
- Experience in project and process management
- Persuasive negotiator
- Experience with corporate responsibility and with balancing global standards and local cultures
jobsDB จะส่ง ใบสมัครของคุณไปยัง Novartis (Thailand) Limited
Novartis (Thailand) Limited
A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us the most rewarding employer in our field.