Head of Food Preservation R&D Asia Pacific - Director
Electrolux Thailand Co., Ltd.
- To drive the strategic R&D plan in order to support the long term strategic direction decided on Sector and Global level as well as all R&D development activities and projects from specification and verification of a product concept to industrialization, approval, production ramp-up and market launch, developing and managing the project plans up to CP3 and project evaluation, as described in the Product Creation Process (PCP).
- To ensure the execution of the Sector Generation Plan of APAC Food Preservation in cooperation with internal and external process partners, to meet the desired consumer experience, innovation, quality and cost challenges
- To define and run the Product Care plan for the Sector and ensure the deployment of cost and quality improvements for the Sector.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the product development and product care teams in APAC mainly located in Rayong with product care functionally matrixed to EMEA product care.
- Lead the Product Development activities according to the APAC Food Preservation Generation Plan including cost, timing, quality, safety, performance targets, defined by the APAC Product Line in alignment with Global R&D and defined by R&D in the 3 YPP tool.
- Plan the Architecture and larger project execution in close collaboration with the Cold Technology centres (CTC) for resource and timely delivery, making sure that the requirements of the APAC Region are addressed and met and the product modularization (MAB) is followed
- Run facelift and refresh type of projects with the regional R&D organization
- Execute ODM/OEM projects through suppliers mainly in China
- Main Interface to the APAC process partners (PL, EGD, Ind. OP, Quality, Purchasing)
- Endorse NPD discipline. Drive the implementation of PCP tools and management of Check points series, together with Sector Product line, program office, manufacturing, purchasing, logistics as well as supporting Concept development Projects (new initiatives)
- Promote and assure transfer of the new technologies from Technology roadmap to APAC region products according to regional plan Apply proper test methodologies (FFPS, DVTS , simulation, FMEA) to execute all test activities before product launch, both internally and externally
- Propose and issue, together with Sector Product Line, sector program office, Plant Management and Industrial Engineering, investments requests for new products.
- Support the evaluate of projects completed, both from internal process and procedures and from field test results
- Proactively define in conjunction with Group IP and Global R&D the IP strategy, its execution and monitoring. Evaluate patent applications to protect property of innovative ideas
- Propose, plan and drive competitor analysis to ensure competitiveness of existing and new products
- Define, develop and execute yearly product care plan for cost reduction with EMEA Food Preservation R&D
- Perform Quality improvement actions to reach the SCR targets and “no black sheep” target
- Support productivity improvement projects through complexity reduction and automation and digitalization in Rayong
- Propose development of product platform concepts and deploy them in the range to reduce complexity, in line with product strategy defined jointly with Sector Product Line and Global R&D.
- Define and Own the regional R&D expense budget and Capex budget for NPI and PC
- Manage the resources (manning, tools and budget) allocated for Sector projects for the product development and for the product care in line with the overall Global R&D and Sector business respective strategies
- Lead, motivate and develop a professional team
- Develop the organisation to handle efficiently ODM product development mainly from China
- Experience within the consumer durables sector, with a technical background but preferably also with activities linked to product marketing areas.
- Manager with a proved experience in managing extensive teams involved in the product development
- Experience in Food Preservation product development Experience in developing cold products Systems Engineering is a plus
- Experience as project leader for appliances
- Experience in cross functional project mgt (with purchasing, process engineering, etc.)
- Strong structured approach and preferably training for EPM (PMF)
- Experience in design for assembling and manufacturing and automation is a plus
- Knowledge of quality tools (FMEA´s, QFD) is a plus.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in mechanical or Electrical engineering with project mgt training as a plus
- Team oriented and good communication skills
- International mind-set, better if strengthened with assignments in countries different from the one of origin.
- Respect of culture diversities and ability to tailor the communication on the people
- Entrepreneurial drive.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Proven ability to develop strong teams and systems, preferably in a multi-cultural environment.
- Project management skills
- Ability to take initiative, being proactive and creative
- Attitude to continuous improvement in all the job areas
- Ability to work in a matrix organization, building strong and valid relationships with all the functions in the organization
- High flexibility and ability to take time and stress pressure
- Availability to travel
- Thai or Chinese a plus
Interested persons are invited to send in detailed resumes covering educational background, career qualifications, expected salary, contact numbers together with one recent photo to:
Human Resources Department
Electrolux Thailand Co., Ltd.
Hemaraj Rayong Industrial Land
169 - 169/2 Moo 3 Tumbon Nonglalok Amphur Bankai, Rayong 21120
or apply by below link:
Only short listed candidates will be notified
jobsDB จะส่ง ใบสมัครของคุณไปยัง Electrolux Thailand Co., Ltd.
Electrolux Thailand Co., Ltd.