GM - Abrasive Plant (Immediate Start-Contract Role)
The General Manager is responsible for the full operations of the company. He ensures the best profitability of Company according to Budget’s and the Group objectives. The General Manager ensures good working conditions with best safety and environment standards for all employees. He/She must take particular attention to satisfy needs of customers with best quality of products and services implementing all necessary procedures and internal controls according to Group policy and Thai Labor law and regulations.
- Master Degree or Engineer in Manufacturing/Mechanical/Metallurgy/Materials is preferred.
- M.B.A in Industrial Operations or Management could be a plus.
- Course or certified trainings in Management will be welcome.
- Desired Experience & Knowledge Minimum 5 to 10 years of Industrial or Manufacturing Management experience in Thailand.
- Hands-on management experience in small or medium organization (<100 M$US) is a plus.
- Worked in International environment or structure with functional and hierarchical management.
- Experience in P&L responsibility and management of company operations and Budget.
- Knowledge or experience in Steel or Automotive related Industry will be preferable.
- Proven experience in implementing cost savings plan and continuous improvement program.
- Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma and 5S management experience is a plus.
- Fluent in English (speaking, writing, reading) and Thai language.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite; Desired Age Male or female with age ranging from 46 to 50+ years.
- Desired Skills Strong communication and Inter-personal skills.
- Synthetic and analytical with experience in problem solving.
- Able to take responsibilities with result oriented approach (KPI).
- Team building with proven experience in leadership & performance management.
- Honest, high level of Integrity and Transparence.
- Ability to work in cross-functional environment; Hard working mind, energy and capacity to work under pressure.
Main duties of the position :
a - Daily control of purchasing and manufacturing operations: organize or participate to daily meeting reports with plant manager and purchasing manager if necessary.
b - Follow and check daily shipments and sales bookings compared to sales forecasts: informal meeting and report with sales managers (domestic and export markets).
c – Review weekly & monthly sales compared to forecasts and ensure best service and delivery on time to customers with adjustments in production schedule as necessary; informal meetings with supply chain manager and production manager as needed.
d - Weekly update, control and decision as needed for administration, human resources, accounting & financial activities: regular meeting with administration & finance manager for customers receivables or potential delays (if any) and cost controller for cash flow management & forecasts.
e – Monthly synthesis, understanding and analysis of margin & cost variance compared to Budget: Define, validate and implement actions to reach Budget’s results and improve business operations; set-up monthly internal business review meetings with managers.
f - Internal and external social relationships. g - Monthly Business Review reports to Asia Managing Director with analysis of results and plan for improvements or/and corrective actions as well as 3 months forecasts.
h – Ensure and implement Group procedures, internal controls, compliances rules and
general instructions as necessary and in full alignment with Thai Law. Establish and maintain effective links with relevant government departments and agencies, local authorities, key industrial estate decision makers and other stakeholders generally, to exchange information and views and to
ensure that the company is complying with all regulations and get best service.