Firewall rules - System and Network Engineer
Amadeus Asia Ltd.
This position will be part of a global organization known as Global Business Services, under the Workplace Technology Solutions (WTS) umbrella. Within WTS, the system and network engineer will be part of a sub-department unit: Integration (INT). The position is responsible for the design of firewall rules that will be needed to move servers & services onto restricted network server zones. The system and network engineer will work closely with other engineers in charge of solution designs to document the network flow, the network requirements, create & follow up on the implementation request that will be implemented by the firewall operation team.
This is position is crucial for the security: The system and network engineer will do the link between application subject matter experts and firewall operation experts. He/she will have in charge to understand how the application works to optimize the network flow and maximize the security protection level.
1) Firewall rules definition:
Review & collaborate to low level design document focussing on the VLAN location, network flow based on security, technical and functional requirements. A Visio diagram will be required with a flow matrix using FW group objects to define the rules.
2) Firewall rules debugging & assistance to other teams:
Troubleshoot FW rules that do not work as requested. Identify the issue and remediate by issuing a change to the operation team.
3) Design solutions of global services:
Work on the design of the main GBS projects to support Amadeus run, grow, and transformations. These projects support GBS global services deployed to Amadeus affiliates / sites.
- This includes evolution of the current Workplace, Workplace management, and Workplace security
- Drive existing Workplace security solutions and perform RFP for replacement solutions.
- Design new global services design around secured access to the Workplace according to demands coming from Programme Manager and internal business partners.
- The engineer will be accountable for design documents, security design aspects, proof of concept in the integration lab, operation procedures that will be used by the operations and deployment teams.
4) Operational readiness:
For every solution designed by the GBS-WTS-INT team, operation procedures need to be written by the responsible system and network engineer for the operation team (L2). This is one of the activity of the handover of the new solution / feature to different stake holders (operation & deployment teams).
Education: Bachelor - or higher degree - in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent.
Relevant work experience:
• Network ICND2 certification or equivalent
• 3+ of experience of firewall rule definition and debugging
- Strong experience with firewall operation (Palo Alto, Cisco, CheckPoint)
- Self-learning ability, ability to search and ask to resolve problems.
- Good documentation skills
- Strong skills on Windows Server and Microsoft ecosystem as most of the flow to design is Microsoft or Cisco.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to diagnose problems across multiple disciplines
- Team player, capable to work in virtual Level 3 team across several sites
- Ability to manage level 2 engineers in charge of operations.
jobsDB จะส่ง ใบสมัครของคุณไปยัง Amadeus Asia Ltd.
Amadeus Asia Ltd.
Shaping the future of travel is important to us at Amadeus. Today, with technology getting smarter by the minute, that future is more exciting than ever.
Our business success relies on our people being always passionate about what we do. We believe in aiming for excellence, taking responsibility, working together and putting our customers first.
We encourage you to be part of new and exciting projects and for you to take the lead when it comes to your progression.
Since mobility allows you and Amadeus to grow, we always look internally first when searching for candidate.