Field Community Worker
เลขอ้างอิงผู้ประกอบการ SVN008/2016 (EXT)
Duty Station : Phang Nga, Thailand
Classification : General Service Staff (G1-A) THB 24,036.42 per month
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term Contract, 09 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : November 23, 2016
Reference Code : SVN No. 008/2016 (EXT)
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of Project Manager, and the direct supervision of the Field Coordinator in Phang Nga, the incumbent will provide support to the Field Coordinator and the Field Assistant for the implementation and coordination of all project activities taking place in Phang Nga in the context of the EU-funded project “Promoting stability, well-being and harmony for Myanmar Muslims and host communities in Thailand” (DCI-ASIE/2015/369-583).
The project will target the continued vulnerabilities and needs of marginalised Myanmar Muslims as well as disadvantaged Thais in host communities located in the provinces of Tak (Mae Sot), Ranong and Phang Nga. The project activities aim to create stability and harmony by improving living conditions and access to services; standardizing response and care; and, creating coherence and predictability in policy, practice and programming that contribute to the overall wellbeing of this vulnerable group and its host community.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide support to the Field coordinator of Phang Nga to implement project activities in Phang Nga in order meet project objectives and with the preparation and implementation of the Annual Workplans
- Carry out outreach and education/training activities with the target communities in Phang Nga in coordination with Field Assistant.
- Help distribute informational materials on safe migration, health, education, livelihoods, and protection in the geographical area of operation.
- Assist in developing rapport and trust between and among various stakeholders by developing relationships and partnerships with the international and local humanitarian community, local and religious leaders, neighbouring Thai communities, NGOs, CBOs, and Royal Thai Government.
- Help strengthen and develop new networks with relevant stakeholders, local communities, including local humanitarian community.
- Assist in collecting data and other relevant information to provide monthly feedback to Bangkok office team on project implementation progress, next steps, and challenges encountered in the field.
- Provide field logistical support when necessary to staff from other field locations, such as Project Steering Committee meetings, and/or overall project monitoring and evaluation activities organized by project staff based in Bangkok.
- Support IOM’s project staff in translating and interpreting documents and meetings from Thai/Burmese or other languages spoken by Burmese Muslims to Burmese or other languages spoken by Burmese Muslims/Thai.
- Drive IOM vehicle in a manner in which fully adherence to the laws of Thailand.
- Drive IOM vehicle for the transport of IOM authorized personnel for official/authorized business.
- Manage the day-to-day maintenance of the vehicle to ensure roadworthiness of the vehicles. This includes daily checks of tires, brakes, engine oil, fan belt, etc.
- Assist with minor repairs and ensure that the vehicle is kept clean.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Field coordinator of Phang Nga in coordination with Field Assistant.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Thai national;
- High School Diploma. A degree is Logistics or Business Administration will be an asset;
- 1 year of relevant work experience in logistics or procurement. Field community experience is a strong asset;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Team work oriented but with a capacity to work independently with minimum supervision;
- Good writing, communication and negotiation skills;
- Experience in working effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from various cultures and professional backgrounds at all levels;
- Personal commitment, efficiency, and flexibility;
- Valid Driver’s License;
- Training in Mechanics will be an added advantage;
Fluency in Thai and Burmese or other languages spoken by target communities. Basic English language skill to communicate with colleagues.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter, and CV along with a duly completed IOM Personal History Form to the IOM Bangkok Human Resources Unit at e-mail by click "Apply Now" The form can be downloaded from http://th.iom.int/. Please submit your application by November 23, 2016. Kindly indicate the reference code SVN008/2016 (EXT) followed by your full name in the subject line.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts profiles duly completed.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application through apply now button will not be considered, please follow How to Apply instruction only.