The world rides on Otis. Otis Elevator Company is the world’s leading manufacturer, installer and maintainer of elevators, escalators and moving walkways a constant, reliable name for more than 150 years. Otis elevators and escalators touch the lives of people in more than 200 countries around the world.
At Otis, people are our most important asset. By embodying the values of people, safety, quality and integrity we (61,000 employees around the world) provide our customers with the best in service and support.
Ethics and Compliance Officer
- Direct report to Director, Ethics & Compliance, South East Asia
- Dotted line report to Country Managing Director
To lead and manage the Ethics and Compliance program (including International Trade Compliance) for Otis & Sigma Thailand, in accordance with the UTC Code of Ethics.
The ethics and compliance officer serves as the organization’s internal control point for ethics and improprieties, allegations, complaints and conflicts of interest and provides corporate leadership and advice on corporate governance issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ethics & Compliance:
- Serve as a resource to management for interpretive guidance on the Code and other Corporate policies
- Drive an ethical culture that meets the requirements and spirit of the UTC Code of Ethics in Otis & Sigma Thailand
- Develop and implement Ethics and Compliance communications and training plans
- Oversee the development and implementation of corporate ethics and conflict of interest training and conduct ethical decision-making training for senior management on ethics issues and avoiding conflicts of interest.
- Works with the Human Resources Department and others as appropriate to develop an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers.
- Conduct investigations into alleged breaches of the UTC Code of Ethics, report the results of those investigations to senior management in accordance with UTC policy
- Convene Disciplinary Review Committees to review and approve recommended discipline arising from verified breaches of the UTC Code of Ethics
- Support compliance monitoring activities, including audits and self-evaluations
- Develop and maintain confidential procedures for the handling and processing of complaints and allegations. Provide processes for the confidential hearing of employee issues related to the ethics or conflicts.
Lead the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) process in Otis & Sigma Thailand, ensuring that business and compliance risks are identified, mitigation plans are developed, and that progress against plans is monitored and measured.
International Trade Compliance (ITC):
- Act as ITC lead for Otis & Sigma Thailand, ensure compliance with UTC requirements for ITC including
- Develop and implement ITC communications, training and execution plans:
- Ensuring timely screen all external business partners, includingcustomers, suppliers, employees and related visitors is conducted using MKDenial system;
- Ensuring timely review and investigation as necessary of exceptions identified through the Denied Party Screening System, partner with business to work out and implement corrective actions
- Ensure implementation of UTC Facility Management Policy in Otis & Sigma Thailand
- Ensure compliance by Otis & Sigma Thailand with all applicable local export and import laws
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Human Resources Capacity.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Technical or Legal Capacity.
- Communication Proficiency.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or above in legal studies
- The individual must have served for a minimum of two years in a position that required the incumbent to investigate charges of improprieties and conduct audits of financial records and related corporate records.
If you are looking for a career opportunity in great environment, come and join us. Please submit your CV in English, transcript(s) and recent photo to the following addresses or via "Apply Now" Only shortlisted will be notified.
Contact person : Human Resources Department
Address : 7th Floor, Interlink Tower 1858/21-26,
Bangna-Trad Road, Bangna, Bangkok 10260
Phone number : 0-2751-4141 Ext. 185 Fax : 0-2751-4140
Homepage : http://www.otis.com