Engineer, Sr. Mechanical Design
Lumentum International (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
We seek an energetic Sr Mechanical Design Engineer to work in a fast paced development environment. The candidate should have the technical skills in tool and product development necessary to drive products to volume production. The Engineer is a vital player developing and productizing Lumentum’s laser technologies to meet large OEM customer specifications for laser based commercial products.
• Product or tooling component and system level design, analysis, validation and troubleshooting.
• Development of lab validation systems for component and module bring-up and test.
• Writing documentation for designing, building, testing and reworking systems.
• Assembly of Lumentum laser based systems and use of lab equipment to troubleshoot and validate system, subsystem and component functionality.
• Conceptualize design layout, package prototyping, fixture/tooling design, development of mechanical attachment methods/tools for optimal optical alignment.
• Material selection/specifications, as applied to soldering, welding, ceramics, epoxy, fibers and components, high vacuum and ultra-clean environments.
• Mechanical design of complex laser systems (e.g. mechanical/thermal/structural/component issues) from design through qualification phase.
• Develop tooling/fixtures/equipment for manual and semi-automated assembly and process development. Lead internal and cross-functional tooling design reviews.
• DFX (Assembly, Test, Serviceability, etc.)
• Work within or lead cross-functional teams to develop Lumentum products and tools for laser production.
• Development and continuous improvement of ME design & support process best practices.
• As needed special projects.
• Can do attitude with presence, the ability to inspire and the ability to lead.
• Strong mechanical design and modeling skills with a strong understanding of general mechanical design practices, particularly design for manufacturability and precision tolerances.
• Strong analytical skills, judgment and problem solving ability.
• Team player with the interpersonal skill and personality inclination to work with and/or manage other team members.
• Ability to work independently and take initiative in difficult situations.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience working with domestic and off-shore CMs, OEMs, design partners and customers.
• Excellent communication, creative problem solving and solid project management skills.
• Drive to design and build hardware in rapid fashion while rigorously applying mechanical engineering mathematics and best practices.
• Understanding of the product commercialization process.
• BS in Mechanical Engineering with 8+ years of mechanical design and analysis of electro-mechanical products.
• Must be driven to design and build hardware in a rapid fashion while rigorously applying mechanical engineering mathematics and best practices.
• Mastery of CAD tools for 3D design, modeling and 2D drawing creation (SolidWorks & Ansys preferred).
• Ability to travel as needed for vendor evaluation and bring up domestically & internationally.
• Working knowledge of various production processes including injection molding, die-casting, extruding, sheet metal stamping & forming, machining, painting, powder coating, plating and conversion coating.
• High level of integrity, work ethic, responsiveness and commitment to continuous improvement.
• Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
• Excellent knowledge of materials selection & specification, as applied to metal or plastic fabrication, soldering, welding, bonding for high vacuum and ultra-clean environments.
Additional Desired Experience
• MS in Mechanical Engineering.
• BS in Optical Engineering.
• BS or minor in Fluid Mechanics
• Opto-mechanical design for commercial laser products and assemblies.
• Manufacturing experience/exposure.
• Design of molded plastic parts.
• Thermal and structural analysis using Finite Element Analysis (ANSYS preferred), including design and tolerance analysis.
• Familiarity with fiber optics.
jobsDB จะส่ง ใบสมัครของคุณไปยัง Lumentum International (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
Lumentum International (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
Lumentum (NASDAQ: LITE) is a market-leading manufacturer of innovative optical and photonic products enabling optical networking and commercial laser customers worldwide. Lumentum’s optical components and subsystems are part of virtually every type of telecom, enterprise, and data center network. Lumentum’s commercial lasers enable advanced manufacturing techniques and diverse applications including next-generation 3D sensing capabilities. Lumentum is headquartered in Milpitas, California with R&D, manufacturing, and sales offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.lumentum.com.
Lumentum is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.