The Channel Management areas of the aCommerce Platform is a key capability for delivering revenue growth as part of the aCommerce logistics infrastructure. The platform integrates a large number of sales channels including well-known e-commerce marketplaces, brand sites and even stretching into traditional offline stores. This system ensures that product sellers can effectively reach as many shoppers as possible offering a broad range of products and extending the offerings made to southeast Asia shoppers. A successful candidate will lead a cross-functional team of engineers using modern development tools and agile practices to ensure that the system provides high uptime and consistent performance.
Duties and responsibilities
- Effective functional requirements analysis - Able to work with Product Manager to effectively analyze customer needs to ensure the systems built fulfill their intended purpose. The Manager is expected to be the accountable owner for ensuring business requirements are translated into technical delivery.
- Effective design/architecture for non-functional requirements - System design that allows for the requirements to be fulfilled with appropriate extensibility, maintainability and deployability, system monitoring ability and capacity monitoring at minimal development effort and risk.
- Ensure the delivery team can provide effective support of last resort to any issues that arise in the production platform. The delivery team represents the last line of escalation in the aCommerce support chain for this product area.
- Generally remove impediments that stop an Agile team from delivering against their goals.
- Owns the improvement of development team efficiency and engineering practice. Effective at fostering a culture of continuous improvement both through demonstration and coaching of team members.
- Effectively collaborate with peers to ensure that the Channel Management system integrates well within the aCommerce platform and provides an effective service for e-commerce shoppers and other users of a high quality shipping service.
- Effective team leadership and management - Continuously improve the skills/knowledge/productivity of all direct reports.
- Enable communication within/outside the team. Forge relationships and break down barriers. Candidates who use blame as a strategy for directing attention elsewhere need not apply.
- Recruiting, retaining and developing technical talent to ensure that the delivery teams are adequately staffed.
- Responsible for performance reviews of staff and recommendations for compensation changes.
- At least 6 years’ experience in Software Development (C++, Java, Python or other comparable server-side technology). Demonstrated ability to learn enough of an unknown programming language to effectively review code modifications.
- Strong knowledge and background of Software Development Life Cycle activities (Design, Implementation, Code Review, Unit Testing, Debugging, and Release) with experience in agile practices strongly preferred.
- At least 2 years proven experience in leading and supervising a technical project team
- Proven proficiency in developing others technically to ensure that they are engaged and effective.
- Experience of working on either geographically distributed & multi-disciplinary project streams with proven ability to concurrently manage multiple projects or initiatives
- Self-motivated, multitasking, pressure-tolerant, result-oriented personality with excellent English communication, interpersonal, team building and time-management skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing stakeholders and setting expectations in the context of a fast moving development team
- A Bachelor Degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or any related fields.
- Proficient to native user of Thai language able to interact with team members unable to express themselves effectively outside of Thai language preferred
- Experience in conducting hiring interview and other recruiting tasks necessary to keep the team staffed.
About aCommerce (aCommerce.asia)
aCommerce helps to make ecommerce execution easier for brands, retailers, and manufacturers in S.E. Asia. Our core services are Web Development, Marketing, Technology, Sourcing, Logistics, Warehouse Management, Fulfillment and Distribution, Content and Photo Production, Payments, Customer Service, and Channel Management.
Embrace and Drive Change
If you are not prepared to deal with constant change, then you probably are not a good fit for the company. We embrace it enthusiastically, and perhaps even more importantly, to encourage and drive it.
It's important to constantly challenge and stretch yourself and not be stuck in a job where you don't feel like you are growing or learning. Our goal is to help employees unlock that potential.
Working in a WOW environment
We are not an average company, our service is not average, and we don't want our people to be average. We expect every employee to deliver WOW. We seek to WOW our customers, our co-workers, our vendors, and our partners.