MAQE Bangkok Co., Ltd.
MAQE is looking for a Design Director join our team in Bangkok. The Director will be responsible for all design work across all projects (i.e., design research, product design, UX design, and visual design). And as this is a management position, the candidate will also be responsible for our small but experienced design team. In addition to coaching fellow designers, the role includes improving our creative development process and participating in new business activities.
MAQE uses a combination of design thinking and agile development techniques to create websites and applications that meet user needs and fulfill business objectives. Naturally, the Design Director will play a crucial role in this equation. And as we have very high aspirations for this part of our business, we want the Design Director to be as excited as we are about establishing MAQE as a leading provider of design thinking not just in Thailand, but across South-East Asia.
More specifically, the Design Director will:
- Design to fulfill user needs and business objectives
- Provide creative direction for a variety of projects
- Facilitating design workshops, often with C-level clients
- Manage and improve our creative development process
- Manage our design team, incl. resource scheduling and recruitment
- Mentor and train fellow designers
- Build strong customer relationships
- Participate in new business activities
- Participate in planning meetings with other Leads
- This is a full-time position. Work permit will be provided for foreign nationals. Fixed-term contracts (e.g., 6-month to 1-year) will be considered.
What You Offer
- Several years of experience providing creative leadership in an digital environment.
- Extensive portfolio covering User Experience and Visual Design along with rationale behind proposed solutions.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication skills: verbal, written and interpersonal.
- BONUS: Knowledge and experience of agile development, lean startup, qualitative and quantitative research, and business design.
- Renumeration is governed by our salary ladder. For this position, the successful candidate will start at level 4.5 or above.
What We Offer in Return
- Autonomy; freedom to do something great
- Competitive salaries, plus bonus scheme
- Open plan office right next to Ploenchit BTS
- Agile and efficient work processes
- 27” iMacs or MacBook Air/MacBook Pro 13″ + Dell 24″ Screen, Dual Fibre and VDSL Internet
- Free snacks and soda at work, beer on Fridays
- Flexible work hours (e.g., 9AM-11AM to 6PM-8PM)
- Relaxed atmosphere, little to no overtime
- Lots of creative freedom and responsibility
- Provident fund
In addition to other Director duties, the successful candidate may also join one or more cross-disciplinary teams, called Crews, and help set the direction for the company as a whole.
How to Apply
- Please send cover letter, resume, and portfolio (ZIP, URL, or otherwise) to recruit @ maqe.com. In your cover letter, please answer the following question:
Give us an example of a great customer insight that you uncovered in a past project. How did it come about and how did impact your design?
Note: Dear Foreign candidates – We’re happy to hire non-Thai’s. However, the Thai Board of Investment (BOI) has strict guidelines on who we can issue work-permits to. Before applying, please ensure you have the following:
- Relevant degree to the position you are applying for (i.e., Designer = design degree), or A minimum of 5 years of well documented and relevant work experience.
- Certificates and transcripts from relevant institutions (you won’t believe the paperwork required!), and
- Patience. The foreign worker application process is more art than science 😉
MAQE Bangkok Co., Ltd.
MAQE is a small and growing group of friends based in Bangkok.
We believe in being honest. We believe that happy people do great work. And most of all, we believe in doings things the right way.
We work hard to hand-craft our work inside and out to ensure that not only is the client happy, but we can go home proud.
We just happen to be good at building web applications.