Data Engineer (ElasticSearch/Kafka)
Agoda Services Co., Ltd.
Our Bangkok team is looking for top quality passionate engineers to build products across our next gen data platform products.
Our systems scale across multiple data centers, totaling a few million writes per second and managing petabytes of data. We deal with problems from real-time data-ingestion, replication, enrichment, storage and analytics. We are not just using Big Data technologies, we are pushing them to the edge.
Agoda is the largest and fastest growing online hotel booking platform in Asia. And as a Priceline Group company, we are part of the largest online travel company in the world. We have the dynamism and short chain of command of a startup and the capital to make things happen. In this competitive world of online travel agencies, finding even the slightest advantage in the data can make or break a company. That is why we put data systems in our top priorities.
While we are proud of what we built so far, there is still a long way to go to fulfill our vision of data. We are looking for people who are as excited about data technology as we are, to join the fight.
You can be part of designing, building, deploying (and probably debugging) products across all aspects of our core data platform products.
- Improve scalability, stability, accuracy, speed and efficiency of our existing data systems
- Design, build, test and deploy new libraries, frameworks or full systems for our core systems while keeping to the highest standards of testing and code quality
- Work with experienced engineers and product owners to identify and build tools to automate many large-scale data management / analysis tasks.
- Proactive and reactive monitoring of ElasticSearch/Kafka to provide 24 x 7 uptime and availability across multiple datacenters
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science /Information Systems/Engineering/related field
- At least 3 years’ experience working with modern systems languages
- Experience debugging and reasoning about production issues
- A good understanding of data architecture principles
- Be able to attend in on-call rotation
- Any experience with ‘Big Data’ technologies / tools
- Strong systems administration skills in Linux
- Strong experience in JVM languages (Java / Scala in particular)
- Python/Perl/Go/Shell scripting skills also a plus.
- Experience working with ElasticSearch/Kafka Architectures
- Experience working with open source products
- Working in an agile environment using test driven methodologies.
A few of the technologies we use
ElasticSearch, Kafka, Cassandra, Sensu, Graphite, InfluxDB, Grafana, Logstash, Kibana, Python, Go.
Agoda Services Co., Ltd.
Agoda is one of the fastest-growing online hotel platforms worldwide, working with more than 285,000 hotels in 29 countries and providing its services in 38 different languages. The company was established in 2005 by two veterans of the online travel business. In 2007, it was acquired by the priceline.com Inc. global group of Internet travel companies (Nasdaq: PCLN), and has been growing ever since.
Agoda employs more than 1,200 professionals of all nationalities in 29 locations around the world, with major operations in Singapore, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and Hong Kong. Dedicated market managers also maintain close relationships with hotel partners in Europe and the United States. The company is one of the leading IT employers in Southeast Asia, with core strengths in the hospitality industry, online and partner marketing, finance, customer support, and people & organizational development.
Agoda prides itself on a dynamic, multicultural workplace where creativity thrives and collaboration is key. We strive to provide a positive, enjoyable culture where people work hard but smile often, and where communication is open, frequent and constructive.
Our people are chosen for their dedication to making things great, their ability to push boundaries, and their understanding that cutting-edge products come from cutting edge ideas. Our industry moves fast, and so must we - but we have a great time doing it.