Big Wednesday Digital
Our client is one of the leading OTA (online travel agency) and fastest growing IT employers with headquarters in Southeast Asia.
Data Applications Engineer - Big Data / Machine Learning
- 3+ years of industry experience, preferred at a tech company
- Experience with: Scala, Python or any other OO or functional language. We code primarily in Scala
- Experience working in an agile environment using test driven methodologies
- Data driven: will prefer to make decisions based on data
Nice to have
- Experience building large-scale distributed products
- Passionate about functional programming
- Experience working with Apache Spark
- Basic knowledge in statistics
A few of the technologies are used
Scala, Spark (Core, SQL, ML), Python, Hadoop, Yarn, Grafana.
Why join this data application team?
Our client adopts a data-centric approach to solve almost all business problems. They build real-time data applications to answer questions like ranking, recommendation, and how to serve prices most efficiently. Their systems scale across multiple data centers, handling a few hundred thousand requests per second, and respond within a few milliseconds. They also build machine learning jobs to do the heavy crunching.
This is a unique combination of hard-core engineering challenges (scalability, performance, sometimes really low-level tuning) and latest big data technology. This is also the best place to gain exposure to various business domains in the company.
Day to day
- You'll work with experienced engineers data scientists and product owners to identify business opportunities, design and create new data system from scratch, all the way to deploying software
- Improve scalability, stability, speed of existing applications
- Debug and fix production problems
- Collaborate with other teams
- Research new technologies and share across organizations
- Write frameworks and tools to be used by other teams
Our client is one of the leading OTA (online travel agency) and fastest growing IT employers with headquarters in Southeast Asia. With world class talent from over 65 countries, the atmosphere of a start-up and the muscle of a $3bn business, this company is an incredible technical creative melting pot.
- Generous annual leave increasing each year with additional business and family leave days
- 15 days of public holidays
- Provident fund
- Local or International health insurance options available with added additional options for family members
- Staff discounts on hotel bookings
- Staff discount scheme on restaurants, flights and local amenities
- Free Thai or English classes (if you want to learn or improve these skills)
Send us your CV now!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.