Customer Quality Engineer
Hutchinson Technology Operations (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
The Customer Quality Engineer (CQE) is the front line technical contact for HTI/HTO customers. This position will provide direct customer support for quality related issues.
They also are responsible for implementing and controlling quality systems for products, processes, and materials and ensure product quality shipment to customer meet specification and satisfaction. Duties include product and unit qualification, quality issue problem solving, product disposition, drive for continuous quality improvement and consultation with other disciplines on quality systems, procedures and philosophies.
- Provide local real time support, as representative of HTI/HTO for quality or technical related suspension assembly issues.
- Provides failure analysis support and apply fundamentally solid root cause analysis skills.
- Validate, investigate, and document customer concerns back to company in a timely manner.
- Works closely with HTI US factories to provide failure analysis support.
- Consults, educates and updates customers on suspension quality criteria and specification changes.
- Facilitates LAR & DPPM improvement plans with factories.
- Provide on-site support with customers receiving inspection area/operations to provide quick disposition, segregation, and containment of defective products.
- Participate in regular meeting/conference calls with HTI/HTO support departments and customer.
- Ability to resolve measurement related correlation issues and calibration issues with customer receiving inspection areas.
- Seek customer approval for process and material changes initiated by HTI/HTO. Provide explanations, clarification, and background on process changes to achieve customer’s acceptance.
- Ensure timely product/unit qualifications with customers by developing quality and capability tests and prepare data packages for new products/new production unit to meet customer specification and requirement within time line.
- Assists in resolving logistic issues within supply chain.
- Develops and maintains customer relationships.
- Supervise QC(s) or/and 3rd party in customer support activities.
- Manage and improve customer responsiveness for customer complaint in customer issue management/8D and response to customer prior or per turn around time target.
- Customer Quality Engineer also monitors product performance both variable and attribute data and performs quality improvement activities to meet KPI of department.
- Decision making for any non-compliance product or parts through NCR or related system including quality feedback to component manufacturing.
- Provide Quality Engineering input and/or direction to technicians on projects (NOTE: May be required to supervise one or more technicians).
- Perform problem specific studies and validate results through the use of statistics and other quality engineering sciences. Provide technical reports to support finds. Lead or support effort to implement solutions.
- Validate reliability data used in the statistical reliability models.
- Design tests /experiments, analyze results and take appropriate actions.
Education / Training required:
- Bachelor or above (BS, BE or related 4-year degree preferred) in ME, ChemE, IE, Electronic, ASQC - CQE a plus
- 0-3 years of relevant experience in quality engineer position prefer in HDD or electronics manufacturing company.
- Demonstrated applications knowledge of statistics and process evaluation tools such as sampling plan, SPC, DOE, Cp, Cpk, etc.
- Strong problem solving skills using good quality engineering practices like: Pareto, cause and effect, 8D, FMEA or similar
- Strong computer skills utilizing data analysis applications software (Lotus 1-2-3, Excel and Minitab)
- Demonstrated knowledge of measurement systems analysis techniques such as GR & R, Uncertainty, Repeatability, etc.
- Minitab skill also required.
- Understand ISO9001:2008 and Quality Management System.
- Strong technical writing and verbal presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience in developing qualification or validation systems that include statistical verification of results and closed loop corrective action of problems.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours.
- Good command of spoken and written in English.
- Position will be based in Rojana Industrial Park, Pranakorn Sri Ayutthaya.
Special skill required:
- Minitab, SPC and 8D experience.
- Reading & interpretation of drawing.
We offers competitive salaries and benefits with a supportive team environment, please email your resume via APPLY NOW
50 Moo 4 Rojana Industrial Park 3, Phase 8
Tambol U-Thai, Amphur U-Thai
Pranakorn Sri Ayutthaya 13210
All applications will be treated as confidential.
Please visit the Company website as no phone, fax or e-mail enquiries will be entertained.
jobsDB จะส่ง ใบสมัครของคุณไปยัง Hutchinson Technology Operations (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
Hutchinson Technology Operations (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
Hutchinson Technology Incorporated (www.htch.com) is a leading worldwide supplier of suspension assemblies for disk drives. Suspension assemblies are precise electro-mechanical components that hold the drive’s recording head at microscopic distances above the drive’s disk. You will find our suspension assemblies in virtually every size and type of disk drive, from those used in desktop and notebook PCs to those used in enterprise computing. Our suspension assemblies can also be found in consumer electronics devices such as digital video recorders, gaming consoles and portable media players
Founded in 1965, the company is headquartered in Hutchinson, Minnesota, USA. We have the first Asian manufacturing operation at Pranakorn Sri Ayutthaya, Thailand and are currently inviting applications for the following positions: