Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Expats Considered -
NexSource is looking for a CTO to bring our platform from MVP to full scalability across several countries and millions of users.
- Candidate should have 7+year experience in the mobile application/web development space.
- Experienced system and database architect with track record of platform(s) that scaled across multiple countries with significant traffic.
- Experience in building and managing teams of 10-20 people.
- Experience in budgeting and executing budgets as well as reporting.
- Good communicator to bridge the gap between non-technical leadership team and technology department.
- Understanding of commercial needs of the business.
- Keen to work in start-up environment.
- Desire to grow with the company from building the scalable version 2.0 of our platforms and then growing them with the overall business.
Strategy & Planning:
- In partnership with the company’s founders, identify opportunities and risks for delivering the company’s services as a web-based business, including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to the business success.
- Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms (including mobile/web application frameworks and the deployment stack) for delivering the company’s services.
- Lead strategic planning to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing development initiatives and setting timetables for the evaluation, development, and deployment of all web-based services.
- Participate as a member of the senior management team in establishing governance processes of direction and control to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately and the organization’s resources are used responsibly, particularly in the areas of software development, office networks and computers, and telecommunications.
- Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide information security plan that protects the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the company’s data and servers.
- Communicate the company’s technology strategy to investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders.
Implementation & Deployment:
- Establish architecture for platform re-build in such a way that stability, loading-speed and scalability are secure during scaling and adding of new markets and meaningful business intelligence can be drawn.
- Collaborate with product team to continuously improve the application.
- Promulgate coding conventions and documentation standards.
- Review current best practices for the selected web framework and establish/revise the architecture for the application.
- Select and manage company staff or outsourced vendors involved in implementation.
- Supervise the software development process, setting short-term objectives and assessing progress as defined by the selected software development methodology.
- Conduct code reviews and specification conformance testing.
- Establish and supervise a quality assurance process, including integration and system testing.
- Select, deploy, and monitor performance profiling tools and procedures.
- Review and approve proposed development releases and manage the release process.
- Evaluate and select mobile/web application hosting providers.
- Establish an application deployment process and supervise deployment to staging and production servers.
- Monitor application performance and review any application failures in staging or production.
- Integrate a web analytics regime that measures site traffic and application usage relative to business goals.
- Support the marketing process by providing implementation of technical requirements for Internet marketing and search engine optimization.
Interested applications should submit their latest CV and all relevant qualifications via JobsDB or careers(@)nexsource.net