Business Development Manager
Department: Strategic Business Development, eBay Marketing (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
Type of Employment: Contract
With more than 164 million active users globally, eBay is one of the world's largest online marketplaces, where practically anyone can buy and sell practically anything. Founded in 1995, eBay connects a diverse and passionate community of individual buyers and sellers, as well as small businesses. Their collective impact on ecommerce is staggering, and more than 1 billion items are listed on eBay. In 2015, eBay’s Gross Merchandize Volume is US$ 82 Billion.
eBay Southeast Asia (SEA) has 3 local sites in Singapore, Malaysia and Philippines enabling domestic trade between buyers and sellers in the local countries. Further eBay SEA has co-brand partnerships providing domestic platforms for buyers and sellers to buy and sell locally. eBay South-East Asia (SEA) also enables global trading namely called Cross Border Trade (CBT) by providing eBay’s global online platforms to cross-border markets. We connect thousands of sellers with millions of overseas buyers; we also enable SEA buyers to find unique and authentic items from the most trusted sellers around the globe.
The SEA Marketplace Development team is based in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand and takes full responsibility of SEA revenue target by designing and executing end-to-end initiatives and solutions on generating local market awareness, driving local seller acquisition and activation as well as growing trading activities in a dynamic global eBay online marketplace.
This Business Development role will be based in Bangkok, Thailand and will be responsible for building market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, closing, maintaining and strengthening business relationships per goals and targets of mid-to-long term initiatives under Strategic Business Development department tackling key challenges faced yet untapped by Business Units (BU).
Reporting to: A Business Development Manager, Strategic Business Development Department
- Researching industry in the area of project scope by tracking online and offline data support, publications, industry’s announcements, individual/group contributors in the industry to identify the market opportunity for eBay.
- Locating, building and proposing potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunity.
- Screening potential business deals and partners by analyzing deal requirements, pros-cons, opportunity and loss, comparing options in accordance to department’s priority and needs.
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements, developing and negotiating collaboration till the successful start of operation.
- Maintaining and strengthening business relationship of old or existing partners by identifying and leveraging further collaboration, vertically and horizontally.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Analytical skills, Interpersonal skills, Presentation, Pitching and Closing skill, Market Knowledge, eBay Business Knowledge, E-Commerce Knowledge or Online Selling Experience.
- Creative, quick learner and goal-oriented.
- IT literacy in Internet, MS Office applications, Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Thai and English.
- Ability to travel on one’s own across provinces and overseas.
- Owned vehicle is preferred.
- 3-4 Years of Working Experience in related fields.
You must clearly indicate the role title in your submission. Only applicants being interviewed will be contacted. All replies will be treated with the highest level of discretion via "Apply Now"