ZICO (THAILAND) LIMITED
- Develop new products, line extensions, and reformulations from concept development through to commercialization, in conjunction with ZICO U.S. R&D and marketing and Coca-Cola Global locations.
- Engage in sensory studies related to product optimizations and shelf life testing.
- Partner with internal functions such as marketing, operations, regulatory, finance, and supply chain as well as with external partners including suppliers and co-packers in the development process to ensure commercialization success.
- Develop timing in support of required launches. Manage the product development process from start to finish to meet launch timing.
- Utilize sound technical and scientific approach during the development of formulations and technical data collection and analysis.
- Assure compliance of developed products to required labeling, both from a nutritional perspective and product labeling perspective (ingredient statements, claims, product statement of identity).
- Identify and qualify ingredient suppliers and ingredients that meet product requirements.
- Conduct hands-on benchwork, set-up plant trials, conduct plant trials, and analyze and report results.
- Work with the manufacturing facilities to determine procedures that can efficiently and effectively produce the desired product.
- Document plant trials, results, and final formulations and procedures for use as manufacturing instructions.
- Analyze formulations to meet required cost targets.
- Manage suppliers in support of project objectives and as an extension of resources.
- Keep informed on current products and trends related to the beverage category particularly on an ingredient and product level.
- Will develop, interface, and coordinate with our international ZICO office as well as international beverage industry manufacturers.
- Travel in Thailand and internationally in support of project work.
- Display flexibility and ability to work in changing environments with changing demands.
- Support new process and package development in support of new product development.
- Contribute and support in other areas as assigned such as sourcing, quality, regulatory, and supply chain.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Food Science (preferred), Biology, Chemistry, or Biotechnology. Master’s degree in those fields is a plus.
- Minimum 7 years experience in all aspects of product development including concept development, benchwork and formulation, sensory testing and shelf life testing as part of the development process, ingredient sourcing, specification setting, plant trial execution, scaling and commercialization at the manufacturing facility, and ensuring adherence to specifications, regulatory requirements, and cost targets. Previous beverage product development experience while not required, is highly desirable.
- Must be fluent in English both written and spoken. Previous experience with U.S. based companies is highly desirable.
- Must have experience managing suppliers in support of project objectives.
- Knowledge of ingredient technology and utilization in formulation and product design. Knowledge of ingredient supplier base relevant to beverages is highly desirable – acids, sweeteners, flavors, functional ingredients, juices, etc.
- Must be hands-on, an independent thinker and worker, organized, flexible, analytical, thorough, detail-oriented, and self- motivated. Must be able to think critically as well as creatively in benchwork formulation, use of ingredients, scale-up and trials to achieve best technical solutions.
- Must have experience in accurately and thoroughly documenting formulations and manufacturing procedures with ability to analyze data statistically, set specifications, and determine compliance to nutritional requirements and claims.
- Must have a solid history of conducting plant trials in the product development process and commercializing new product formulations at manufacturing facilities. Must be comfortable and knowledgeable in determining and understanding manufacturing process requirements as related to developing commercially-feasible formulations that can be scaled and consistently produced.
- Knowledge of fundamental US FDA regulatory requirements related to food and beverage labeling.
- Knowledge of basic food safety and GMP’s.
- Must have strong communication skills, both written and oral, with all levels and functions.
- Able to contribute individually as well as in a team environment.
- Able to function well in a fast-paced, growing, and demanding business environment; must be flexible and be able to work, at times, without significant structure.
- Proficient in Microsoft office, particularly Excel and Word.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple diverse projects and tasks
- Strong relationship building, influencing skills and ability to collaborate effectively with business partners
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally
- Ability to lift up to 15 kg, stand for extended periods, kneel, bend, and stoop as necessary to perform duties.
HIGHLY DESIRABLE AND PREFERRED:
- Juice product development experience
- Nutritional product development experience
- Familiarity with Food Administration laws and regulations in Thailand
- Low-Acid UHT product and process knowledge
- Completion of Better Process Control School for LACF or Aseptic
- Experience with Genesis
How to apply
- Click APPLY NOW to submit your application.
The remuneration package will be based on the experience and abilities of the person. Company provides laptop and mobile phone for mobile working environment.
ZICO (THAILAND) LIMITED
8th Floor Laksi Plaza Tower 2, 333/107 Kamphaeng Phet 6 Road,
Talad Bangkhen, Laksi, Bangkok 10210
jobsDB จะส่ง ใบสมัครของคุณไปยัง ZICO (THAILAND) LIMITED
ZICO (THAILAND) LIMITED
ZICO is one of the fastest-growing beverage companies in the world, working within the exciting Coconut Water Category. We are working with a number of well-known companies in Thailand and the Region to build an effective supply chain for the products that ZICO needs to satisfy consumers in the US market and globally.
We are looking for a created, well-organized, detail-oriented, and hardworking Beverage Scientistto support our activities with the producers and suppliers we work with in Thailand and in the rest of Asia.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a background in Food Science, Beverage, Research, or Product Development. The Beverage Scientist is a key technical position in ZICO that will focus on driving and executing product development initiatives and is an exciting opportunity to add value to ZICO’s U.S. and international development. The ideal candidate will need to be flexible and able to work in changing environments with changing demands. Additionally, experience with the requirements of the US FDA and the other requirements of international manufacturers and retailers would be of great benefit.
Although this role works 5 days a week, the Beverage Scientist will need to be ready and available at times outside normal working hours to communicate with the ZICO team in the US or with our suppliers who are working 6 and sometimes 7 days a week.
We are looking for a native Thai speaker with an excellent command of written and spoken English in order to be able to interact with the producers in Thailand as well as the ZICO team in the U.S and suppliers in other countries as well.
The position is located in Bangkok and will report into the ZICO Director of R&D and Technical Services.